Notices

Cbrd vs ets

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cbrd vs ets

ETS Mitsubishi Evo X Lower Intercooler Pipe Kit or CBRD Ralliart Cold Charge Pipe. I was told by ETS that it would fit out ralliart, but looking at the pictures is doesn't seem like it would? Which one do you guys recommend?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go with CBRD. Chad is a good guy and does a lot for his people and fans. Whatever you want for your ride he will make it happen. CBRD is a better quality also. ETS is good stuff however it is mass produced. When a company such as ETS or Mishimoto makes parts for the massives the quality can sometimes go down. Better to buy from CBRD. Each piece is custom made and ensured for quality
Old Oct 28, 2013, 09:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
We build all our parts 1 at a time. We have 13 workers here. Our quality is spot on. Any questions, let me know! We also back all our parts up with a lifetime warranty.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:11 AM

I have a full ETS intercooler kit, and just helped my buddy install an ETS turbo back exhaust kit. nothing about ETS products look to be mass produced. you can tell every weld is perfect, every tab is aligned just right, every product iv personally seen from ETS (intercoolers, pipes, exhaust, exhaust manifolds, full turbo kits) are some of the most beautiful things iv ever seen under a hood. and the guys at ETS are great! I'm not saying chad from CBRD is not a great guy by any means. they make some great stuff too.

don't bash a company just because you "think" you know what your talking about
Old Oct 28, 2013, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DAN123AC
Go with CBRD. Chad is a good guy and does a lot for his people and fans. Whatever you want for your ride he will make it happen. CBRD is a better quality also. ETS is good stuff however it is mass produced. When a company such as ETS or Mishimoto makes parts for the massives the quality can sometimes go down. Better to buy from CBRD. Each piece is custom made and ensured for quality
I know the CBRD makes great stuff, but i do not think ETS quality is any worst. I have ETS 3 inch intercooler and the quality is awesome.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
They are both excellent... it comes down to price.

That being said I have purchased all of my IC parts from ETS. The parts are top of the line and they have been easy to deal with.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

ets kits fits perfectly fine. I have everything ets. fmic licp uicp intake...its a perfect fit
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:27 AM

Can't go wrong with either.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by DAN123AC
You sir are very very misinformed. Glad Michael could clear it up for you.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
I have a bit of ETS stuff, it's all quality.

I was tuned by, and had very good experiences with CBRD as well.

You'll be good to go either way!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 08:09 PM

Can someone please help me. I have a 2012 ralliart and I have a evo x intercooler. I just need the UICP and LICP. A couple of businesses I contacted told me that the LICP will not fit and it was made for an evo x. I thought any evo x pipe would fit but I guess not. Can someone give me some direction please? Would greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tough life when this is your dilemma.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Z_2_Ralli
Can someone please help me. I have a 2012 ralliart and I have a evo x intercooler. I just need the UICP and LICP. A couple of businesses I contacted told me that the LICP will not fit and it was made for an evo x. I thought any evo x pipe would fit but I guess not. Can someone give me some direction please? Would greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance.
It'll fit and there are tutorials out there on how to make it work, but you'd get better fitment with an aftermarket part (I used the Ultimate Racing one and it's great and not too expensive).
Old Nov 19, 2013, 08:39 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Who is ETS??

jk-

good guys all around-

we do everything in aluminum- they tend to use Stainless Steel-

cb
Old Nov 19, 2013, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by AlDim

It'll fit and there are tutorials out there on how to make it work, but you'd get better fitment with an aftermarket part (I used the Ultimate Racing one and it's great and not too expensive).
Thank you for your input I will look into it. Also, would I need a 6"x1-3/8" pipe for the BPV outlet with the UR LICP that I read about on the "How To Install A Evo X Intercooler"?

Quick Reply: Cbrd vs ets