Notices

Cold start issue with 2011 Ralliart

Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:31 PM

Cold start issue with 2011 Ralliart

I was not able find any info in the cold start system on my 2011 Ralliart. My RA has had an issue maybe 1/100 times when I try to start and the starter turns but does not “catch”. This occasional issue became a permanent issue last week. I have 98k miles on it.

my mechanic buddy (master lexus mechanic)came over yesterday and we finally got it started after checking spark plugs, starter voltage and fuses, timing belt, battery etc and then cranking for 45 seconds but if was a very rough start. After the engine is hot everything seems normal.

Does anyone have documention on the cold start system in RA? Hs anyone run into an issue like this? It seems like this maybe fuel pump/pressure issue or perhaps a sensor of some sort is getting flakey?

Something tells me Mitsubishi could solve this in 5 minutes but I would prefer to not hand them a pile of money.

Atatched a video of the issue so you can hear what is going on.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 07:41 AM

My guess is something to do with the fuel system like you say, but there are so many possibilities. I would bring it to a Mitsubishi tech if I was you.

Edit: Didn't realize there was a duplicate thread, but I still recommend bringing it to a Mitsu dealership. We can speculate all day long.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 09:53 PM

Thanks Torcano - so far no need for Mitsu tech

The issue has not returned. I even recreated the same conditions that seemed to cause it and it keeps starting like normal. I have been trying to follow the advice given early in this theead about turning the key one position from Start and then waiting 4 seconds or so before cranking the starter. I forget occasionally...but I have been driving it daily to work and letting it sit for 8-10 hours and driving home often with stops on the way. Maybe it is because I renewed AAA
The Following User Says Thank You to Cory Putnam For This Useful Post:
Laza (Jan 15, 2019)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.