HOW TO//Sirius Radio//Non Sirius lancers - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices

HOW TO//Sirius Radio//Non Sirius lancers

 
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:58 AM
  #1  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Jake26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC ; Statesville, NC
Posts: 681
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
HOW TO//Sirius Radio//Non Sirius lancers

If you knew this already, please dont bash me, i just figured this out.

THIS IS FOR RALLIART, GTS, ES, DE, EVO X ( if you own a ES, DE please check for plug first )

So if you guys are wondering how i got it done, here is how. it was stressfull and simple as plug and play.

First when chris sold me the OEM sirius module from his 08 lancer, it did not come with a antenna or a plug/harness.. after calling to mitsubishiparts.net and mitsubishi dealers, they told me they dont make the harnesses for that sirius module, i started to scratch my head, may be the car have to be pre wired for it. So i took out my navigation and looked for the plug there behind it. and nothing.. I called the dealer again and they told me the same thing that they dont make the harnesses for the sirius module.. So after asking the forum community for help, with no results of a part number, i decided to look behind the glove box and TADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the plug for the sirius module is there.. So lets make something clear..


If you want sirius radio and your lancer DID NOT come with it. here is what you will need....


1. A sirius radio module made for the lancers or outlanders
2. ANY sirius radio antenna (Again if your car did not come with a sirius radio you are probably missing a longer base for your roof antenna, NO WORRIES, just use any SIRIUS radio antenna for the module)
3. either a navigation unit or regular headunit ( OEM ONLY )
4. A friend that is willing to sell his module to you, --ask these guys who have sirius but upgraded their OEM headunits to aftermarket-- therefore if they did, they have no use for the sirius module because it only works with OEM headunits as its a CANBUS system.
5. 20 minutes to install

NOTE*** you may have to call sirius and activate the module, mine was still activated, when my will expire i will have to pay 12.00 a month or so.


Right behind the glove box look for a white plug, it will be on the right side **NOTE mine is already plugged in to the module **





SIRIUS RADIO MODULE


Last edited by Jake26; Oct 30, 2010 at 02:34 PM.
Jake26 is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:27 AM
  #2  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (2)
 
DatRAzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 994
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Did the button for Sirius show up on your nav screen after you plugged in the module or did you have to get a memory flash from the dealership?

Cause I know that if you don't have sirius and do have the navi, there's no button in the top right corner.

Good write-up, now I know how to install sirius if I ever decide I want it

PS. I think we have the exact same car (stock at least) GG, Base+navi.
DatRAzn is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:50 PM
  #3  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Jake26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC ; Statesville, NC
Posts: 681
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DetroitRA View Post
Did the button for Sirius show up on your nav screen after you plugged in the module or did you have to get a memory flash from the dealership?

Cause I know that if you don't have sirius and do have the navi, there's no button in the top right corner.

Good write-up, now I know how to install sirius if I ever decide I want it

PS. I think we have the exact same car (stock at least) GG, Base+navi.
yeah the button showed up and channels have updated automatically..no need of reflashing naything plug and play!

p.s my car came with no navi, i bought it from one of the users on www.lancertuners.com
Jake26 is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2009, 04:38 PM
  #4  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
boondoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Inbetween Miami and Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 2,186
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I want to get the navi so bad. Some time i wish i jus sucked up the extra dollars and got the package. Nice write though. If i ever decide to swap i will do this.
boondoc is offline  
Old Sep 17, 2009, 07:25 AM
  #5  
Newbie
 
Hakumei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I can ask, where did you locate the antennae? And are there any reception issues with your antennae position?

My current setup, XM plugged into the cig lighter, I ran it under passenger seat and door sills to the rear deck. I lose reception where I expect to, big buildings, bridges and occasionally when I travel in central & northern parts of Michigan
Hakumei is offline  
Old Sep 19, 2009, 07:03 AM
  #6  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Jake26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC ; Statesville, NC
Posts: 681
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hakumei View Post
If I can ask, where did you locate the antennae? And are there any reception issues with your antennae position?

My current setup, XM plugged into the cig lighter, I ran it under passenger seat and door sills to the rear deck. I lose reception where I expect to, big buildings, bridges and occasionally when I travel in central & northern parts of Michigan

read number 2 of post 1
Jake26 is offline  
Old Sep 19, 2009, 08:38 AM
  #7  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Tommy Di Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 247
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice job!! Soory to jack a little, but doesanyone have a pic of the stock satellite ant. I hate having mine on the trunk lid. My reception sucks inside cause of my tint. I'd like a more factory look.
Tommy Di Cat is offline  
Old Sep 19, 2009, 09:01 AM
  #8  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
boondoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Inbetween Miami and Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 2,186
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Di Cat View Post
Nice job!! Soory to jack a little, but doesanyone have a pic of the stock satellite ant. I hate having mine on the trunk lid. My reception sucks inside cause of my tint. I'd like a more factory look.
boondoc is offline  
Old Sep 19, 2009, 09:08 AM
  #9  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Tommy Di Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 247
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks! That's what i thought it look like.
Tommy Di Cat is offline  
Old Sep 22, 2009, 08:33 AM
  #10  
Newbie
 
Hakumei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jake26 View Post
read number 2 of post 1
Thanks.

I had read #2 of post 1. Was wondering where you placed the antennae and associated wires, not where you got them from or what type.

Anyways, my question was answered in another post.

Last edited by Hakumei; Sep 22, 2009 at 08:40 AM.
Hakumei is offline  
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:48 AM
  #11  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Jake26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC ; Statesville, NC
Posts: 681
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hakumei View Post
Thanks.

I had read #2 of post 1. Was wondering where you placed the antennae and associated wires, not where you got them from or what type.

Anyways, my question was answered in another post.
sorry for misunderstanding...
Jake26 is offline  
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:13 AM
  #12  
Newbie
 
Hakumei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No worries

Well done, btw. Have been wanting to do this, but thought it would be more difficult.
Hakumei is offline  
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:04 AM
  #13  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Jake26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC ; Statesville, NC
Posts: 681
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hakumei View Post
No worries

Well done, btw. Have been wanting to do this, but thought it would be more difficult.
yeah thats what i thought too.. I should have done this years ago when i had my 08 lancer gts..
Jake26 is offline  
Old Sep 28, 2009, 06:22 PM
  #14  
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jake do you have a pic of where you put the antenna?

Also, you can buy the receiver from the dealer right, but expensive I assume.
focalart is offline  
Old Sep 28, 2009, 06:28 PM
  #15  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Jake26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC ; Statesville, NC
Posts: 681
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by focalart View Post
Jake do you have a pic of where you put the antenna?

Also, you can buy the receiver from the dealer right, but expensive I assume.


No not on me but i can take it lil later for you. I am at work right now. Yeah you can get them from a dealer or call up russel at mitsubishiparts.net he can probably cut you a deal. I thin it may run you 400-500 bucks from them.. but check....
Jake26 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HOW TO//Sirius Radio//Non Sirius lancers


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.