Notices

Request: Installation of GENK41A HOMELINK Auto-dimming mirror

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2010, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Request: Installation of GENK41A HOMELINK Auto-dimming mirror

Anyone know how to install one of these mirrors? I've been looking everywhere trying to find out how to install one of these in an 09 RA.

Any help would be great!!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by llno24
Anyone know how to install one of these mirrors? I've been looking everywhere trying to find out how to install one of these in an 09 RA.

Any help would be great!!
Honestly this is probably one of the easiest mods I've every done. All you have to do is take off the mirror that is on there now (I found it easiest to kind of roll it back and forth as you pull it up towards the head liner). Then you take the new mirror and it fits right onto the mount that the old mirror was on. Once you do that just tighten the screw and then run the wire by tucking it under the head liner and down the A-Pillar (The A-Pillar was annoying to get off but I think I was doing something wrong trying to get it out). I used electrical tape to tape the wire to the existing wires down the A-Pillar. Then all you have to do is buy two "Add-A-Fuse"s from AutoZone, Wal-Mart, etc. Tap the constant into the keyless entry and the on/off into the cig lighter. If you have any questions just PM and I can help you out, but you really shouldn't have any problems what-so-ever.