Notices

AMS Exaust hook-up

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS Exaust hook-up

Read this before installing.

Just got done installing my exhaust and wanted a few thing to be know pictures are included.

1. The exhaust only come with one gasket

2. The picture the have on the site is a joke if you still have the stock "cat" on.
it will not be flush with the plastic exhaust hole.

3. You will need to move the middle hanger down one peg otherwise the pipe will touch the "diff" and drive shaft. Which will obviously break fro the vibration if you leave it on.

As you can see from the pictures the pipe will be touching the diff and drive shaft if you do not lower the center rubber hanger from the front. bolts come right off.

good luck to you all.

This guide is mostly Cali folks who will be putting this on it might be different it you putting the High flow cat on.

Sound Sick though.
Attached Thumbnails AMS Exaust hook-up-imag0089.jpg   AMS Exaust hook-up-imag0090.jpg   AMS Exaust hook-up-imag0091.jpg   AMS Exaust hook-up-imag0092.jpg  
Old Apr 9, 2011, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Whoa, that's seriously a lot lower than any other AMS exhaust I've seen. Strange.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

I think you might have done something wrong, thats super low, either that or AMS designed that poorly.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 02:43 AM
Evolving Member

Any Higher and it would be touching the diff directly.

This is why i said if you still have the stock "CAT" on it looks this way trust me My cousin is a mechanic.

We put it on went WTF and lowered it. it has clearance. And I going to Rally the thing so the height will increase a bit so I am not to worried just letting everyone know.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
That's wild. Is it possible that you got the EvoX variant sent to you by mistake?

I know the fitment of the two is very similar but off just enough that there is some modification required to fit it. I remember somebody posting up an X catback install on the RA but it took some work to get it to hang even close to correctly.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

I hate to break it to you but after reviewing other pictures of the same exhaust on other ralliarts, i believe that yours is to low. Other pictures show much less of a gap. In could be wrong, im just going off other AMS single CB exhausts for ralliarts.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Yea I know its low that's not the problem...the problem is if i put it up to the regular point its touching the bolts on the "Diff" I don't want the vibrations to tear it up either. so if anyone has a picture of there hook up show it to me.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
That's wild. Is it possible that you got the EvoX variant sent to you by mistake?

I know the fitment of the two is very similar but off just enough that there is some modification required to fit it. I remember somebody posting up an X catback install on the RA but it took some work to get it to hang even close to correctly.
+1 to this, I would call AMS and make sure you got the ralliart one and not the one for the X's.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah when I had mine it never looked like that at all. I would call AMS and send them pics.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z

Originally Posted by ItsUbish
+1 to this, I would call AMS and make sure you got the ralliart one and not the one for the X's.
+2. Agreed, you should try giving AMS a call.

I believe that one of the only differences between the RA and X exhaust is that there was an extra bend in the pipe to clear the diff.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah give AMS a call, you could definitely be right though, just seems super low
Old Apr 10, 2011, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

LOL there is a bend, If I was to to say it they bent it just a few "MM" short **** i could get pipe binder and redo it myself.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

But thanks guys if I have any problems. I call them.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
For sure let us know how it goes if you ever work something out.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aaronk
I think you might have done something wrong, thats super low, either that or AMS designed that poorly.

lol bingo you are right .... it is installed WRONG.... because AMS did not tell anyone... that you will need to turn the stock hanger side ways... so the triangle is on is side

like this

o
|
o ___ o

that how the hole should look like

i had the same problem with my AMS

but in the end i sold it.... was not cutting.... great sound and power just hangs to low for my setup

Last edited by evil03; Apr 11, 2011 at 03:30 PM.

Quick Reply: AMS Exaust hook-up