Notices

Randomizing iPod songs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Randomizing iPod songs

It seems when I try to random songs playing from my ipod or usb stick the random works sometimes and other times not. Unless I'm totally hallucinating.

When I'm in random mode shouldn't it randomize the next song when I skip a song instead of just going to the next song in the list?

On my Legacy GT I can do this, on my Impreza (that I traded) it did not, would do the same and just go to the next song.

I've tried Random and Disc Random, both do the same.

No Nav system, just the radio.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

It depends. If you are using the component input (red/white input to a headphone jack) then yes, random should work. Mine does. If i use the USB input in the top of the glove box it will not work, as you can now only control the device with the cars controls. Which method are you using?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:02 AM

I am able to randomize my iPod through the glove box USB. I find that whether it is on random or not it still sets its own play sequence. For example if I listen to a song that is 5/100 of the playlist and press the random button, it would play the same song but in a different order such as 47/100. I believe the random button essentially jumbles the order it plays the playlist rather than starting from the beginning like on your iPod.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 08:28 AM

I'm using the USB. It seems the random works most of the time, but sometimes when I load a playlist it doesn't and I have to hit random a few times, since the playlist starts with the same song every time that's how I can tell. But yes, I see it randomizes the songs so as you said, song 100 on random will not be the same as song 100 in the normal playlist.

Few strange things about the system. Sometimes if I'm playing an artist I can't get back to select artist or album through the dial and have to use the voice command. Just need to find the workarounds