EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Ralliart How-To/Installations (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-how-installations-311/)
-   -   need help to install EVO X OEM IC (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-how-installations/493409-need-help-install-evo-x-oem-ic.html)

Jack Dempsey May 19, 2010 07:41 PM

need help to install EVO X OEM IC

Hi gents,

I was wondering how to fit EVO X OEM IC on my RA09+ using stock UICP & LICP. I read some threads about this topic but I didn't found an exact reply about couplers dimensions.

Do I need to replace stock coupler to fit RA09+ UICP on EVO X IC inlet?

What are the reducer dimensions I need to fit EVO X IC outlet to RA09+ LICP?

Thanks
:headbang:

Cosis May 19, 2010 09:33 PM

I have an extra evo X oem top intercooler pipe. If you dont want to mod, its an easy 50$ and ill send it to you. That way you dont need to mess around with couplers, keep a stock look, but will get a slight gain from the larger pipe.

03chi-town0Z May 20, 2010 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jack Dempsey (Post 8324302)
Hi gents,

I was wondering how to fit EVO X OEM IC on my RA09+ using stock UICP & LICP. I read some threads about this topic but I didn't found an exact reply about couplers dimensions.

Do I need to replace stock coupler to fit RA09+ UICP on EVO X IC inlet?

What are the reducer dimensions I need to fit EVO X IC outlet to RA09+ LICP?

Thanks
:headbang:

2.5" straight silicone coupler for i/c to licp

chlucero Jul 11, 2010 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z (Post 8325390)
2.5" straight silicone coupler for i/c to licp

Is taht all you need as far as couplers? Just the one for the LICP?

03chi-town0Z Jul 11, 2010 01:44 PM

yes, inlet will be reusable, but may need to be shortened a bit

psikill Feb 20, 2012 08:53 PM

about to do the x intercooler swap.
So to confirm. All i need are 2.5 -2.5in couplers (straight)?
Will be using RA stock pipes for now.

Thanks!

ltn Feb 22, 2012 03:03 PM

I believe if you keep the stock Ralliart LICP you need to get a 2.5 to 2.25 reducer or the couplers will blow off. I tried to ghetto rig my stock LICP and it worked for a bit but I ended up having to buy a reducer because the pipe kept blowing off.

psikill Feb 23, 2012 06:26 AM

Thanks will run to local performance store and grab the reducer!

AVTuned Feb 8, 2013 06:29 AM

how the hell do you guys get it to fit with the stock LICP with just a reducer coupler??

I tried that but the LICP is too long and If I fit the coupler it keeps pushing the FMIC to the passanger side, so it doesn't align and rubs the air conditioner radiator...

Im confused

Rokpapaziz Feb 10, 2013 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by AVTuned (Post 10650873)
how the hell do you guys get it to fit with the stock LICP with just a reducer coupler??

I tried that but the LICP is too long and If I fit the coupler it keeps pushing the FMIC to the passanger side, so it doesn't align and rubs the air conditioner radiator...

Im confused

I thought this too when I did mine.

My solution was to use a spare EVO X rubber upper intake pipe and cut it up to use as couplers, works great.

As for your I/C moving there should be 2 bolts on the bottom that bolts into the frame to keep it in place.

Rex87 Apr 28, 2013 10:23 PM

Couplers aside how would I go about fitting the stock RA UICP to an Evo X IC, since the RA piping is longer. Would I need the Evo X UICP or an aftermarket one to fit?

nunyas Apr 29, 2013 08:12 AM

You'll need an EvoX UICP, or an aftermarket EvoX UICP. Or you could cut up your existing UICP to make it work (I don't recommend doing this).

Rex87 May 3, 2013 11:13 PM

Yes, that does sound logical (not cutting).
I've acquired all the piping/intercooler for a full Evo X intercooler swap. Is the LICP direct fit into the RA? (It looks like there's slight differences in piping in this photo)

http://norcalmotorsports.org/users/b...C_pipes_02.jpg

nunyas May 4, 2013 12:40 AM

it's almost a direct fit. you'll need to devise your own way to get the BPV to connect to it, which isn't too difficult. I believe there is a how to on it...