Notices
09+ Ralliart Show and Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

evo X spoiler for ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StateOfTheArt
Wait, you said that the larger fenders have something to do with the wing, you don't detail what, but not saying it has anything to with asthetics. I guess the same can be said about CF hoods etc. because other than shaving a few pounds an unpainted CF hood falls into the "looks" department. Same can be said about X owners that switch to the black tails because they can't stand the sight of the pink tails or that it looks closer to the base Lancers?

The Ralliart is hardly a pedestrian Lancer especially compared to the base-Lancers.
Hum, the car in the picture is not a Ralliart dude; that's why I mentioned the word "Pedestrian"

Let's make this simple for you:

You get huge Evo X SSS-Package Spoiler if you want to, and you'll leave the rest of your life denying the simple fact that such a swap is pure rice.

Go on, give Pedestrian Lancers the status thye deserve (as per your assumptions): the new millennium's Civic.

Edit: just so we can finish this about-to-become a never ending discussion, "I" personally don't like the huge spoiler on a slimmer Lancer;

Last edited by jazket; Jul 14, 2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jazket
I'm not saying it'll have a negative impact except on the "looks" department;

Any evo owner that sees your pedestrian lancer with that wing will laugh at you
coming from an evo owner i could care less, does that mean lancer owners get to laugh at the evo owners with small lancer wings? honestly a wing is notihng..no evo owners care if you have an evo wing on your lancer..when it gets to the part of trying to be a poser is when you trick out the front bumper to try to look exactly like the evo..and have a evolution X badge on the back of your car and try to get your fenders wide like the X. but just the case of the wing..nobody could care less.the GTS wing is on the Evo why cant the evo wing be on the GTS as long as it looks good like the blue one..
Old Jul 15, 2009, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JHizzle
coming from an evo owner i could care less, does that mean lancer owners get to laugh at the evo owners with small lancer wings? honestly a wing is notihng..no evo owners care if you have an evo wing on your lancer..when it gets to the part of trying to be a poser is when you trick out the front bumper to try to look exactly like the evo..and have a evolution X badge on the back of your car and try to get your fenders wide like the X. but just the case of the wing..nobody could care less.the GTS wing is on the Evo why cant the evo wing be on the GTS as long as it looks good like the blue one..
agreed.
There has been lancers here that have EVO X or LANCER X on their whips.
Which is just lame.
But the spoiler is another matter.
If it looks good, then roll.
If it looks bad, get your rice bowl out.
This OB LANCER looks good with the X wing.
Evo X's look good with the GTS wing or vice versa.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chino ali
agreed.
There has been lancers here that have EVO X or LANCER X on their whips.
Which is just lame.
But the spoiler is another matter.
If it looks good, then roll.
If it looks bad, get your rice bowl out.
This OB LANCER looks good with the X wing.
Evo X's look good with the GTS wing or vice versa.
Yeah that's right in the latter case; Mitsu fitted the GTS wing in the evo and you can upgrade to the bigger one like on the MR... but that's not the case on the GTS; or I think Mitsu would've made the big wing an option for GTS models, right?

I just think a lot of drivers out there that know or notice the difference in wing would call a GTS guy a "poser" for just changing their wing to the big one; I've seen old lancers with Evo 8/9 big wings and that def does not look at all appealing and all out poser (probably not entirely rice if that word's to heavy)

But I don't know it's just a totally personal thing I guess
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:30 AM

The purpose of the spoilers/wings? From what I am getting its not a matter of functionality, but more of looks and preference. I guess from an engineering standpoint and the speed/aerodynamic limits of the Ralliart would warrant the wing that is currently offered-GTS- as well as the overall price point of the Ralliart vs the Evo.

The arguement should be more an issue of function versus cosmetic. If the GTS "spoiler" used for reducing drag and increasing fuel effieciency, as well as the Evo wing/spoiler, then interchanging them would serve a minimum purpose. If the increase height of the Evo type wing serves to increase downforce, then it could be beneficial for the R/A as well.

Not sure of the results of wind tunnel testing of either wings, no one can say for sure the benefits of either one versus the other.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

I think Evo owners just want to preserve the aesthetics designated for their car. I used to feel the same way about my 9 but that was before they came out with an AWD Lancer. Now that it shares a similar body style and with the drivetrain it could actually benefit from having the larger wing too.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

i like the looks of the high spoiler, but the car should be dropped a little and have wider rims/tires to make it look right. high spoiler on stock car just looks wrong.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

I haven't seen people going and calling WRX folk "posers" with their STI wings?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xdemoulasx
i like the looks of the high spoiler, but the car should be dropped a little and have wider rims/tires to make it look right. high spoiler on stock car just looks wrong.
that's exactly what I think and all I've been saying; it will look totally awful unless you had the wide fenders to back up the aggressive spoiler... other than that, rice in my book...
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Go retro. Get the Evo VII spoiler. There are some for sale in the Lancer threads. LOLz
Old Oct 8, 2009, 02:15 PM

Hey just in case anyone was still wondering what an R/A with the higher spoiler looked like... I found a car that has it in this other thread. The car belongs to Jake26.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...re-thread.html
Old Oct 8, 2009, 02:17 PM

I like the look by the way... what does everyone else think?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silver_volt
I like the look by the way... what does everyone else think?
It looks better than i thought it would but w/o the Evo's wide fenders to compliment it doesn't fit as well. I am however jealous of Jake's exhaust
Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:06 AM

Hey boondoc I got to agree with you, that is one nice exaust... I wonder how it sounds
Old Oct 13, 2009, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silver_volt
Hey boondoc I got to agree with you, that is one nice exaust... I wonder how it sounds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEDvh...eature=channel

It sound the same for the Evo and RA.

Quick Reply: evo X spoiler for ralliart