Notices
09+ Ralliart Show and Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Repaint the RA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by defiant2006
I've always seriously wondered about this? Do they take the car apart to cover up all of the old paint on quality paint jobs?

If not, that would seem like a huge turn off to new paint ...I'd want it to be like factory...
I work at a high-end collision shop and we take EVERYTHING off when we paint cars. Handles, mouldings, glass. When we do door jambs its no different, strikers and everything come off. The paint is sanded down, sealed and then painted to ensure good abrasive stick and longevity. I certainly hope they did that on his car or he'll be in a world of crap in a year or so We warranty our work for as long as you own the car, and I've seen maybe 3 or 4 comebacks for various reasons, usually unassociated with paint processing since I've been here (4 years). My Evo has had the left side repainted, drunk drivers be damned, and it looks showroom good.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CC16
I work at a high-end collision shop and we take EVERYTHING off when we paint cars. Handles, mouldings, glass. When we do door jambs its no different, strikers and everything come off. The paint is sanded down, sealed and then painted to ensure good abrasive stick and longevity. I certainly hope they did that on his car or he'll be in a world of crap in a year or so We warranty our work for as long as you own the car, and I've seen maybe 3 or 4 comebacks for various reasons, usually unassociated with paint processing since I've been here (4 years). My Evo has had the left side repainted, drunk drivers be damned, and it looks showroom good.
Yep this is the difference between a good (and fairly expensive) paint job and a cheap (quality and price) paint job. Takes a lot of time to do it properly, so naturally it is going to cost more!

-Taranis
Old Mar 11, 2010, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CC16
What about underhood color and door jambs and all of that?

Yes he painted under the hood, inside and out, when I open the doors its white on inside and not red.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Darkburner - RRM Springs...

jpb_117 - A friend of mine did it for free for me pretty much; All I payed for was just tape/paint which was roughly $400. He painted everything inside and out for me, he didn't even forget the inside of gas door.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:47 AM

awesome man ur lucky
Old Mar 12, 2010, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lookitznite
not sure but it looks whiter than a ww?
yeah its like at little less than a shade whiter than WW