Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Stock Block + FP Black + 93oct = 444/385

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Stock Block + FP Black + 93oct = 444/385

Just finished up this car tonight. He was previously conservative road tuned by another shop in CT and wanted more power so we went to work. He came directly to me after the tune (2-3 days after).

The graph represents the comparison back to back flashing within the same 30minutes. My tune being in blue.

After about 20 pulls or so i was able to extract almost 80wtq more and even more under the curve in certain areas and an additional 50whp or so.. and as you can see the graph the power curve has been drastically increased from top to bottom.

Fuel: 93oct
Boost: 30.1psi taper to 28

Mods:
FP Black
PTE 1200cc injectors
Muse Uicp
hks 280 cams
xs power fmic
xs power lcip
ams balance shaft delete
evo ix short block (stock block)
fp intake
hks mushroom filter
arp head studs
epm o2 dump
maxford ex manifold
hks downpipe
test pipe
hks catback
exedy twin disc clutch
grimmspeed ebcs (Ecu boost 3 port)
zeitronix wideband
walhbro fuel pump

also i gotta post this response from the owner its to funny not to:

me: new rom sent
me: this one will set you back in the seat a bit
him: I'm smiling
him: Ha ha ha!!!!!
me: how did that one feel
him: Boner
him: Sent

LOL!

Last edited by tscompusa2; Aug 18, 2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great pump gas numbers. you can really see from the boost plot from the previous tune that this turbo does not like low boost, it just creeps up the whole way.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

I would like to thank tscompusa for keeping me from setting my car on fire lol I was so frustrated I have been through two tuners before tscomusa and the first tuner out of florida worked on my car for close to a year and could never get it right.
So, a few people around my local area were getting street tuned by a Shop in CT. The shops tuner came to my town and I was already planning on having tscompusa do a tune on my car.
Well my friends talked me into having this shop tune my car. They charged me $300.00 and I told them I do not want to puch my stock rods beyond thier limits. He said ya people want everything safety and power pssshh. I was like wtf? Why cant you get safe power.
Well he tuned my car in about 30 mins and was like its done. I was like WTF? My car felt faster with the stock turbo. I got ahold of him later on and he said I need to shif fast im like wtf dude im not retarded the car sucks I can feel it.
So, I got pissed at myself for not just going my origanal route to tscompusa and got ahold of him.
He helped me fix a few issues and next thing you know its 3:30 am and my car is fast as fock!!! Tom really helped me out.
Thanks
Tom
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Im just curious Tcomp but what do you think is causing this car to make 40whp less @ 3psi more than the last 93 octane FP black results you posted a couple posts down. Do you think a big part of it is the HKS cams?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Nevermind i noticed its not only better cams, but also ported manifolds.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:56 PM
Former Sponsor

ported intake manifold
65mm throttle body
better fmic etc

i could squeeze another 10whp or so from this car with ecu boost at redline, but i feel the owners happy where it is and the tune is knock free 100% and very consistent, so i left it here.

It'll make about 480 once he ports the intake manifold and throttle body
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Stradag
I would like to thank tscompusa for keeping me from setting my car on fire lol I was so frustrated I have been through two tuners before tscomusa and the first tuner out of florida worked on my car for close to a year and could never get it right.
So, a few people around my local area were getting street tuned by a Shop in CT. The shops tuner came to my town and I was already planning on having tscompusa do a tune on my car.
Well my friends talked me into having this shop tune my car. They charged me $300.00 and I told them I do not want to puch my stock rods beyond thier limits. He said ya people want everything safety and power pssshh. I was like wtf? Why cant you get safe power.
Well he tuned my car in about 30 mins and was like its done. I was like WTF? My car felt faster with the stock turbo. I got ahold of him later on and he said I need to shif fast im like wtf dude im not retarded the car sucks I can feel it.
So, I got pissed at myself for not just going my origanal route to tscompusa and got ahold of him.
He helped me fix a few issues and next thing you know its 3:30 am and my car is fast as fock!!! Tom really helped me out.
Thanks
Tom
i love it.. thanks for that awesome response in the 2nd half of this comment you made. comments like these are what i live for to read.

also i still have to setup the boost error correction tables so maybe ill give you some more hp after im done that also.. im thinking the car will be about 454 max as it sits with alittle more fine tuning the boost curve at upper rpm's .. one big plus about ecu boost.. full boost control throughout the entire upper powerband.

Last edited by tscompusa2; Aug 18, 2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very nice graph. This is one of the best looking plots I've seen of 93 oct FP Black. Hits hard and pulls.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

hmmmm, i know who tuned it before tom did..

maybe i'll run into ya next weekend up in lake george
Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Very Nice!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tom is killing it recently. So happy i chose him as my tuner!

*note to self: you do not need a bigger turbo, you do not need a bigger turbo
Old Aug 18, 2011, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by j255c
Tom is killing it recently. So happy i chose him as my tuner!

*note to self: you do not need a bigger turbo, you do not need a bigger turbo
you got him beat by 40wtq on the stock turbo, if you are just daily driving etc then you should keep your set up as is. the torque is the fun part on the street
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Tom you are killing in the tunes keep up the good work I'd like to fly you down to Panama to tune a few cars. Show you a good time!

Regards,

Vlad
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome numbers tcompusa, all these fpblacks on PUMP you've been tuning lately, very nice. Way to show the naysayers.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:52 AM

Threads like that make me glad I chose the black, but also worried that my local tuner will suck.

Quick Reply: Stock Block + FP Black + 93oct = 444/385