Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.
View Poll Results: flex fuel option
very intrested in the flex fuel option
92.45%
not interested in the flex fuel option
0%
switched to another ems that has the option.
7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

aem flex fuel option

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
aem flex fuel option

I hope those of you who just clicked in here are not upset with me as i have no new info about a flex fuel option. but i know there are tons of aem users on this fourm who would like the option and have been waiting patiently only to see it never come. I check the aem power fourm weekly and they just dont seem to have the traffic we do so i am going to make a poll on here suprafourms ect and link it to the aem fourms so that they can see how many users are waiting on the option. Will it light a fire under there *** prolly not but this will only take a few mins of my time and only a second of yours to vote on the poll.

UPDATES in post #16 & #22

links to the threads on aem power

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...c,28889.0.html

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...c,28705.0.html

Last edited by mrboost05; Jul 25, 2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heck, Id be in for it.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
That would be nice.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 07:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your wasting your time IMO. Go with a ProEFI and you can have a Flex Fuel Option, I have it on both of my Evo's and works great.

Here is a quick demo on a Supra. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1CzmmMUy50
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Yea I've looked into pro efi and did tons of reading on it I currently have the software on my computer for it now . two other members on this board are also running it amazing ecu to say the least .but its cost is more then two aem v2 ecu's new not saying you don't get what you pay for but for some people its outta there range I dident wanna turn this into a pro efi vs aem thread that's why in the poll I left the option switched to another ems that has the option. it will be important for aem to see that as well. Aem says it can be added to there tuner software so I am focused on getting a eta or a yes or no.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mrboost05
Yea I've looked into pro efi and did tons of reading on it I currently have the software on my computer for it now . two other members on this board are also running it amazing ecu to say the least .but its cost is more then two aem v2 ecu's new not saying you don't get what you pay for but for some people its outta there range I dident wanna turn this into a pro efi vs aem thread that's why in the poll I left the option switched to another ems that has the option. it will be important for aem to see that as well. Aem says it can be added to there tuner software so I am focused on getting a eta or a yes or no.
Its not that expensive even at full retail and its not plagued with issues like aem is. I got my proefi package for 30% off list.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

The series 2 will support Flex Fuel sometime in the future. The infinity 10 will support it out of the box.

For me I will just run 2 different maps. This has been working just fine for me for years now.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
Its not that expensive even at full retail and its not plagued with issues like aem is. I got my proefi package for 30% off list.
n2oiroc i spoke with you a few weeks ago i am a huge supporter of pro efi guys i paln on buying a unit myself but it is in no way close to the price of aem be honest v1 box's go for under $500 v2 boxes are under $1000 used and only $1400 new add a $150 map sensor and a iat sensor and you can go get tuned by anybody anywhere not the case with pro efi.

Originally Posted by TheBoz
The series 2 will support Flex Fuel sometime in the future. The infinity 10 will support it out of the box.

For me I will just run 2 different maps. This has been working just fine for me for years now.
boz i am just trying to gather enough intrest in one place to get a solid eta its coming soon leaves me wanting alittle more.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Cool, for sure it would be an awesome feature to have. Flexfuel support would rock.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mrboost05
n2oiroc i spoke with you a few weeks ago i am a huge supporter of pro efi guys i paln on buying a unit myself but it is in no way close to the price of aem be honest v1 box's go for under $500 v2 boxes are under $1000 used and only $1400 new add a $150 map sensor and a iat sensor and you can go get tuned by anybody anywhere not the case with pro efi.

boz i am just trying to gather enough intrest in one place to get a solid eta its coming soon leaves me wanting alittle more.
no doubt aem is cheaper, but you also get a headache with it. v1 starts like garbage and v2 has plenty of its own issues. look at how many guys need to send theirs to aem for new boards and stuff. and as of now, aem doesnt support flex fuel so the argument is even more moot. i didnt want to spend what i did on engine management, but its the cheapest setup out there that can do what it does. the safeguards alone (fuel and oil pressure faults) make it well worth it imo.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Map switching is there for that reason. Aem if setup properly can have safeguards aswell. But one cant go wrong with pro efi. I love it!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
no doubt aem is cheaper, but you also get a headache with it. v1 starts like garbage and v2 has plenty of its own issues. look at how many guys need to send theirs to aem for new boards and stuff. and as of now, aem doesnt support flex fuel so the argument is even more moot. i didnt want to spend what i did on engine management, but its the cheapest setup out there that can do what it does. the safeguards alone (fuel and oil pressure faults) make it well worth it imo.

there is no argument from me other then aem is cheaper and it works how many 8 9 & 10 sec cars are running around on it ? yes aem does not support flex fuel and it has its own problems like anything else this thread was to get a bunch of users in one place to show them we want the flex full feature and we would just like a eta.

Originally Posted by BillSpec
Map switching is there for that reason. Aem if setup properly can have safeguards aswell. But one cant go wrong with pro efi. I love it!
map switiching is nice but to have your ecu do all the work is even nicer
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Just wire up a switch lazy!!!

I understand your point though. Just giving u a hard time
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

:
Originally Posted by DynoDude55
Your wasting your time IMO. Go with a ProEFI and you can have a Flex Fuel Option, I have it on both of my Evo's and works great.:

Absolutly love love proefi really not sure why it hasnt caught on in the evo world yet but cant say im suprised either. Evo world frowns apon certian things that every other car use. And someone made a good point about price most evo guys seem to be on a budget. Which isnt a problem. But when your talking about the brains of the car i shake my head alot at people. Most just say no about and argue about new ecu's and other car technologies cause they are clueless and think they know everything

Last edited by kreionic; Mar 13, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As long as there is emissions and it requires you to run the original ECU I will wait for the flex fuel patch to be complete for the OEM ECU. Less headache. At least for a street driven vehicle.

If its a dedicated track or drag car.....Pro-EFi sounds like its the way to go.

Quick Reply: aem flex fuel option