Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

Boost solenoid verification that it is working in AEM Infinity

Old Mar 3, 2019, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost solenoid verification that it is working in AEM Infinity

I have an Infinity ECU on an EVO 8 and don't know anything about tuning. I am just trying to make sure I have everything wired up correctly before my tune. Long story short...I have cut off the original connector for the stock boost solenoid some time ago therefore I had to use OE schematics to find the wire/wire colors I need to use...but I need to know how to verify in InfinityTuner that the boost solenoid I have is wired up correctly by seeing some sort of reading/signal. I don't know where to look for such signal. I am using AEM boost solenoid 30-2400. I know that a light green and red/yellow wire is used however there are 2 red/yellow wires in the harness I was chasing so I need a way of confirming that I have the correct red/yellow wire used. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by RedLanEVO; Mar 3, 2019 at 04:52 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
The boost control output pin for the Infinity 506 is C1-42 on the AEM harness side. I'm not sure if it's the same on the Infinity 508, but at any rate it's pin 11 on the Evo harness side. This corresponds to the Lowside 1 (LS1) output in the Infinity Tuner software. If you have everything configured and wired correctly, you should be able to navigate to the Outputs tab in Infinity Tuner, find the table for LS1_Duty [%], and increase the value of the highlighted cell. You should start to hear the solenoid click as you increase the value.

Search this Thread