Notices

Anyone here from Shanghai?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2006, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only have some light mods on my car, intake, boost controller, turbo back exhaust, bov, fuel pump, BOV, custom tune. With those light mods, I'm actaully making some decent power- 304 whp and 308wtq.
I'm planning to do some cosmetic for the time being, so I just ordered new rims axis reverbs rims and I'm getting coilover over the summer when I go to Hong Kong. I'm also planning to get a c-west bumper when I go back, but that's only if money allows.
What tires are you gonna get? I need to get some tires too for my new rims.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 03:39 PM
gix

Either 235/40/18 Falken Ziex Ze 512's or Toyo Proxes T1r's(if I have enough money). Where do you get your car tuned? Up in Chicago? I don't know of any Evo tuners in this area at all.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 07:07 PM

Why don't you try the Falken Azenis Rt615 I heard nothing but good things about those tires. Much better than Toyo T1r's and it's a bit cheaper too. Check out edgeracing.com, they have pretty good deals on tires.
I go to speed-source in Mohamet to put on my mods, I highly recommand them if you ever have car problems. I went to Chicago AMS to get my tune back in Feb.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Hell yeah. Carl @Speed-Source is the shiznit.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 07:23 PM
gix

I was going to get the Enkei-Ziex Ze bundle at edgeracing. The Rt615's there are 200 dollars more for the bundle and have a treadwear rating of 200, so I'm not sure if I'm going to get those. Plus, those are summer tires and I plan on doing some driving in the winter also. Does speed-source specialize in any sort of cars or are they more of an "all-around" place? The C-west bumper would be badass. You would without a doubt get a lot more attention with it around campus, if you want it that is, haha.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Carl's definitely an all around guy, but he's done a lot of work on Toyotas. He drives around in a 2JZGTE swapped Lexus GS300. He also has an LS1 swapped Astro van lol. He's done work on two turbocharged Camry's, as well as MR2's, and last time I saw him, he was working on a turbo CRX.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Almost forgot to mention, there will be a meet at Speed-Source later this month.

www.speed-source.net
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by DarkMastyr
Carl's definitely an all around guy, but he's done a lot of work on Toyotas. He drives around in a 2JZGTE swapped Lexus GS300. He also has an LS1 swapped Astro van lol. He's done work on two turbocharged Camry's, as well as MR2's, and last time I saw him, he was working on a turbo CRX.
What car do you drive? Do you go to the shop a lot? Maybe I have seen you before. My car is currently at his shop, I left it there for the summer and he's making some prototypes based on my car.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 04:29 AM
Evolving Member

I toodle around in a dark green Camry (not to be confused with Nate's blue turbo Camry or Alex's orange turbo Camry). I've gone there a few times to have a lot of suspension and handling work done, but I've since left Illinois so I'll probably only be back once or twice in early Autumn and that'll be it.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 03:38 PM
gix

Are you going to the Speed Source meet? And roughly how far is Seymour from Chambana?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Me? I'm not going, since I'm in Louisiana right now lol. The shop is about 20min from Chambana. Take 74 West... get off on some exit towards Mahomet I think... take a left... go until a T light intersection... take a right... go another two lights... take a left... go until you see The Pig sign... take a right... go until you see a barn looking building on your left side.

Yeah you might want to mapquest that.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dont evo's in china cost like 90,000+ USD. My cousin in china keeps telling me to buy an evo and ship it over and stuff but when i actually inquired about it....it was too much of a hassle( too many forms and documents and taxes). The best way according to most people i asked is to smuggle it but i have no idea of how to do it and i wouldnt do it if i knew.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 03:05 PM
gix

I'm not sure if they have any Evo's for sale in China, but I bet if they did they would probably be 60K+ USD(they typically add 100% tax to cars I think). I also asked around about buying an Evo over here and shipping it to China, and the answer I got was unless you're a citizen of another country working in China for a company owned by that country, they won't let you do it easily.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:37 PM

I'm pretty sure they have EVOs for sale in China, at least in Shanghai. I have seen EVOs in the Mitsu dealers here. They are roughly around 60K to 70K USD and I have acutally seen quite a few rolling around on the streets. I just saw a white 8 racing with a hatch back Civic (Civics are rare to see in China) 3 days ago. I told my driver to chase them but they took off right after the light has turned green and we were stuck with all the traffics.
One of my friends is actually importing cars from US to China. He does it through some type of connection with the China custom in Tian Jing and he imports various types of cars into China on a regular base. He was here last week since he has just imported 10 STi to Tian Jing, maybe I can ask him how he does it when I see him next time.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 02:19 AM
Evolved Member

well there are evos here in Beijing as I am tuning some. IS there anyone else on here from Beijing? Just curious.
Mitch Mckee

Quick Reply: Anyone here from Shanghai?