EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Asian Forum (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/asian-forum-48/)
-   -   Anyone else actually in Korea? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/asian-forum/186847-anyone-else-actually-korea.html)

mump Feb 27, 2006 02:52 PM

Anyone else actually in Korea?

I know of one other evo owner in Korea? Anyone on else? I only been here a little over a week, been out and about but haven't really noticed anything but stares and stuff. I call Sun Auto in Seoul to see what they have - which is nothing for us. I also asked about a dyno - again, nothing. Anyone?

evojacko Feb 28, 2006 01:54 AM

mump - there is an awd dyno in kangnam. the store is called peak. website peakpoint.co.kr. they are always working on high end cars. i was there the other day and saw 4 porshes a brand new us spec vw gti, and a ferrari. some guys have seen lambos and stuff there. dyno time is 200 bucks. its the only awd in korea from what i hear. when it warms up a little more alot of cars meet up at namsam tower. (seoul tower) and alot more drive the mountain (hill) road out at yumyong mountain just northeast of seoul. kind of a drive from osan though.
send a pm if you need my cell number for some more info on some of this stuff.

mazdryk Feb 28, 2006 02:14 AM

I am currently in Korea for another 10 months. Im in the Airforce stationed at Osan AFB. My evo is currently in California. IF you live close to OSan let me know I would give anything to get a passenger ride.

evojacko Feb 28, 2006 02:51 AM

im at yongsan. i only make it down to osan for a shopping trip every once in a while.

mump Feb 28, 2006 04:48 PM

mazdryk - I am at Osan, 303IS.

mump Mar 3, 2006 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by evojacko
im at yongsan. i only make it down to osan for a shopping trip every once in a while.

if you make it down here - i have an extra room; well, as soon as my household goods come.

iwtfyaz Mar 3, 2006 09:11 PM

hey was that your car parked at the main gate this afternoon? if it is it looks pretty bad ass. i only got one month left here in osan {thumbup}

evojacko Mar 3, 2006 09:14 PM

once it warms up you can swing by here and we can make a run up to namsan or to yanpyang. ive got an extra room also and namsan is just around the block.

mump Mar 3, 2006 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by iwtfyaz
hey was that your car parked at the main gate this afternoon? if it is it looks pretty bad ass. i only got one month left here in osan {thumbup}

if you referring to me, yes it is usually parked at the front gate - don't be afraid to wave me down for a ride, beats taking a taxi.

iwtfyaz Mar 3, 2006 11:50 PM

yea taxi sucks 3 bucks to 1448 {thumbdwn}. i never rode in an evo yet and im planning to get one once i get back to cali in a month :)

mump Mar 3, 2006 11:53 PM

yep, this is my 4th time here. my 1st tour i was in 1447.

if you want to check it out sometime, i can met up with you.

jkim2001 May 4, 2006 12:31 AM

hey mump, I don't know if I mentioned this but I saw your evo when I was in korea, I saw another one when i was at Yongsan to go shopping. How is your evo doing? i will be at ramstein so I wil get to go to the nurburgring!

mump May 4, 2006 02:33 AM

evo is doing great here. miles per gallon sitting in traffic sucks though, but the 98 octane is a beautiful thing.

PapitoEVO8 May 4, 2006 02:54 AM

Was there is 1979-1980 and 1984-1985. LOL US Army

mump May 4, 2006 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by PapitoEVO8
Was there is 1979-1980 and 1984-1985. LOL US Army

you just made me feel a lot younger. {thumbup}