Notices

EVO 9 short block into EVO 7 help plz

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO 9 short block into EVO 7 help plz

I have an EVO7, back in October it spun a balance shaft belt, valves taped the pistons blah blah blah $7500 later I've gone and got myself a genuine EVO 9 short block and a set of EVO7 CNN ported heads arp head studs and some other go fast bits, so I'm currently Puting it back together and I've had to change the water pump and alternator bracket and block off the feed port on the block for the mivec. My current issue is I can't for the life of me figgure out where the oil pressure switch has to go on the new block (EVO9 block). Has anyone done the conversion that could give me some words of advice and "learn me some knowledge".

and has anyone else run into the old no engine number on a brand new genuine Mitsubishi 4g63 block
Old Aug 28, 2018, 04:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
On a IX it's on the oil filter housing. Not the back of the block like the VII-VIII.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Project_Broke
On a IX it's on the oil filter housing. Not the back of the block like the VII-VIII.
OK yeah I am still running the vii oil filter housing is there any known options other than a new housing?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Can you use the MIVEC port? I'm not sure if they are different as far as physical size goes.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Project_Broke
Can you use the MIVEC port? I'm not sure if they are different as far as physical size goes.
I guess so I'd just have to find an adaptor, that will go from the m12x1.25 to whatever the oil pressure sensor is. Cheers dude