Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS Meth Kit Install Questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS Meth Kit Install Questions

There is an extra 14" -4 braided meth line, or at least it's extra per the instructions, and I see no need for it. I used a shorter line prior to the filter, and an identical 14" braided line, but that's all I needed. What is this line for, or is it just in case the shorter one isn't long enough?

In addition to the thicker black wire coming off the meth pump that gets run into the cabin, there is a smaller, shorter black wire with a ring terminal on the end. I'm assuming this is a ground wire, but the instructions do not refer to it. I grounded it to the chassis. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

Lastly, the instructions say keep the meth lines from the pump less than 1.5 feet if possible. I've also seen other threads that say the meth nozzle should be within 6-8" of the throttle body. These are diametrically opposed due to the mounting location of the pump. Any input?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, the install went smooth as silk. Excellent kit, everything is in the kit that is needed for a trouble free and professional install. Perfect fitment. Great job AMS!
Old Dec 10, 2006, 12:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The extra braided steel line is there to adjust lenghts for different setups.

The small black wire with the ring terminal goes to a grounding point on the chassis.

A short line is best but cant always be used in a situation. Close to the TB is best but not always possible.