Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Meet the new Predator

Old Mar 5, 2007, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meet the new Predator

This is the PREDATOR, the Evolution VIII that is the fastest production car in our local track, this is the baby of Dr. Ricardo Cruz and his team, THE PREDATOR RACING TEAM. No one has touched the times this thing is doing with an AMS GT3071R, JUN block, JUN cams, custom 4" Exhaust, AMS FMIC, AMS Polyurethane Motor Mounts, AMS Mini Battery, Coil on Plug Ignition, Apex PowerFC EMS, etc etc

The Red Evolution VIII is from Chiquirimundi Racing, they installed an AMS 50Trim Turbo Kit. Since they tested the kits, all EVOs on this track have began using them. The PREDATOR was the first one and the first AMS kit sold in Puerto Rico 2 years ago.

This is the new face of the PREDATOR, hope you guys like it. Thanks to Eric and the guys at AMS for all the support they give us and for sending what we need ASAP. We will keep representing the brand and the logo locally as best as we possibly can.

This is a Porsche GT3 Cup. There are a total of 3 of this cars running, they cost over $150,000 on the states and much more in PR and they are the only thing close to the times of the PREDATOR, the PREDATOR did 1:20 on this track and this things are getting closer each time at 1:21

Old Mar 5, 2007, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

wow.... i miss the caribbean!!! looks like you guys had some FUN... sick cars down there.. AMS mus be so proud!! haha keep it up guys
Old Mar 5, 2007, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

I'm really impressed with how you integrated the brake cooling intakes in the front bumper!
Old Mar 5, 2007, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for sharing the pics from this weekend. None of my friends who went to the races told me about the new look of the predator, but they sure did tell me that it sounded mean and fast.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 09:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AWESOME JOB GUYS!!!!

You are really making it hard for us midwest guys dealing with Snow and bitter cold wind

Eric
Old Mar 5, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

wow
Old Mar 5, 2007, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hot Diggidy!
Old Mar 5, 2007, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Some more pics, hope you guys enjoy them! We sure did enjoy the weekend! Chiquirimundi EVO VIII was 1st place in his category, The green EVO of my good friend Ebed also won 1st place. We had some troubles with the PREDATOR EVO and he only could ran a couple laps before a power steering line exploded, but that was enough for 2nd place and he is 1st place anyway on the standings after the second race of the year. This year will be all EVOs on road racing! We started very strong!

Last edited by The_Predat0r; Mar 5, 2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Czubaka
I'm really impressed with how you integrated the brake cooling intakes in the front bumper!
+1
Old Mar 5, 2007, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Crazy scene in P.R would love to take my evo out there and chill with the P.R. Crew.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sick pictures!
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Nice pics buddy, How much hp does the PREDITOR have!
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Now i want to get out of the ARMY and go back to PR
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:27 PM
Account Disabled

looks great...congrats on the second place finish...
Old Mar 6, 2007, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
looks great...congrats on the second place finish...
Thanks, we didnt ran the PREDATOR on Saturday because we were having troubles starting it, we found the problems later that day, it was a fuse that blew after a short on the Coil-on-Plug setup damaging the MSD DIS2, we had to use the stock coils and finally started the car. We went to the track later that day but too late to do any testing.

On Sunday the car was already at the track and we were able to test it, but on the first heat the car was badly misfiring because of the stock ignition setup, we changed the fuel map but its not its not easy to ignite that C16 with the stock ignition setup. For the second heat we decided to install the HKS Twin Power DLI 2 of my EVO (The Red One) on the PREDATOR and it worked, the car stopped all the misfires but needed a little retuning, but of course no time for that, we went out to the track and ran a few laps before the car blew a power steering hose! That was all for the PREDATOR for that weekend. But on those 4 laps we did (2 of them were just heating the tires) and with some problems the car made enough time to place 2nd. Remember the car runs Solo1, you just need to make the fastest lap of the day to win, it doesnt matter if you do 20 or 1 lap that day. So after all we were all happy, the day before we didnt even knew if we were going to race at all. And we learned that those HKS Twin Power DLI2 really work!!!

The PREDATOR will be at the track again at the next event, the car was making more power than ever, too bad we had troubles this time. Next time we will see what the car can really do.

Originally Posted by WaxThis2005
Nice pics buddy, How much hp does the PREDITOR have!
We dont like to talk about those numbers! The competition its always trying to figure out what we got under there. But believe me, the power its more than enough and we still can get more horses if we choose to, we are more concentrated on the curve and the torque, but right now the car is a beast. Lets just say the car should be capable of 10 seconds quarter miles, but it wasnt made for that. This kind of events are not about power, its about knowing how to control the power you have.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Meet the new Predator