Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Need suspension advice

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2007, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need suspension advice

With the Vishnu/Paul Gerrard Ohlins becoming vaporware, it looks like I am going to resign myself to run the stock suspension for one more year. So being that you guys have been doing some testing at Autobahn, I've got some questions ...

what is recommended as a basic add-on to an otherwise stock suspension?

For reasons of my own I do not want to add a stiffer rear swaybar at this time, so - how about replacing the bushings in my suspension? Bushings for the stock rear swaybar?

Also, could I replace the stock shocks with a set of MR Bilsteins while retaining the '03 springs?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

l8r)
Old May 24, 2007, 04:14 PM
AMS
Former Sponsor

Markus,

I'm working on staged suspension packages right now but this is what I'd recommend for you.

Whiteline rear bump steer correction kit. We measure stock rear bump steer as over .080" of toe-in under full compression per side! The kit puts the bump at roughly .005-.0010" toe out under compression which helps the rear end move a little under mid corner and corner exit.

With that let's try to add grip to the front of the car with a Whiteline roll center kit. This changes the angle of the front control arm and reduces the camber loss under compression.

I'd also try this for an alignment.

Front - Toe zero or even a 1/16" total out
Camber @ -2.5 to -3.5 degrees You can get about 2 deg negative with the stock offset bolts, other than that you'll need camber plates.

Rear - Toe 1/16" toe in up to zero total depending on how you like it.
Camber @ -1 to -1.5 deg negative

We're also looking at a way to corner weight a stock suspension car.

The EVO is awesome on turn-in but it pushes horrible mid corner & out. These mods should help reduce some of the unwanted push without making the car twitchy on entry.
Old May 24, 2007, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

I run -1.8* camber up front right now, -1.5* rear camber, 0 toe all around. I'm also about to score a set of Bilsteins. I'll be in the shop next week sometime for regulare maintenance, so maybe I can ping you about it then.

l8r)