Notices

2012 Lancer SE CVT AWD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Lancer SE CVT AWD

Purchased a 2012 Octane Blue Pearl Lancer SE yesterday. Have been looking for a ~20k AWD car (other than the Impreza) for some time and the options have sucked. Stumbled across that they started offering the Lancer in AWD so I went and bought one . Normally I go with black, majority of my cars have been black, but when I went to check out the SE the blue really popped out to me and I am sick of trying to keep black cars clean so I made the change .

Previously have owned 3 DSM's (91 Gallant VR-4, 95 GSX, 99 GSX) so not new to Mitsubishi but this is my first Lancer. As much as I would love an EVO the cost (+premium +insurance +gas mileage) just doesn't do it for me. That and I ride my bike as often as possible (Honda Fury).

Anyway glad to be a Mitsu owner again, I do have a few questions if anyone can help.

What years do aftermarket parts possibly fit the SE from other/previous Lancers? Does anyone know what parts are completely different on the SE (That aftermarket would be different)?

I am not familiar with the Lancer at all so I am trying to get an idea of what parts will work on the 2012 SE. Specifically will any of the 2.4/CVT exhausts work with the SE? Would stuff like intake kits/pulleys be the same as previous 2.4l mods?

Thanks!

-Dagz

Last edited by crawlgsx; Jun 17, 2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 04:14 AM
Evolving Member

Nice purchase. This is AWD?
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by 06evors
Nice purchase. This is AWD?
Thanks! Yeah SE CVT/AWD.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:25 PM

Nice I didn't know they made an awd version of the lancer es, Awesome!!!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by 4g63gringo
Nice I didn't know they made an awd version of the lancer es, Awesome!!!
This whole section is dedicated to the SE AWD haha (oops no its not I posted in the main section haha, my bad)

Still trying to figure out what/if any mods are available for the AWD SE (or that fit from the ES/GT). Not much info out there.

I see RRE has some nice parts for the 2.4l motor so I emailed them to find out if any fit the SE.

Last edited by crawlgsx; Jun 18, 2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crawlgsx
This whole section is dedicated to the SE AWD haha

Still trying to figure out what/if any mods are available for the AWD SE (or that fit from the ES/GT). Not much info out there.

I see RRE has some nice parts for the 2.4l motor so I emailed them to find out if any fit the SE.
Nice purchase! I was thinking of going w/ the SE AWD too but I went with the GT 5spd.. I was looking at exhaust for our 2.4L too, I guess there isn't a lot of info yet since our cars are still fresh off the market lol
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by LanceR_11
Nice purchase! I was thinking of going w/ the SE AWD too but I went with the GT 5spd.. I was looking at exhaust for our 2.4L too, I guess there isn't a lot of info yet since our cars are still fresh off the market lol
I was tempted to do the same thing for the 5 spd but living in Maine I really wanted the AWD.

RRE just emailed me back, they do sell both Performance kits and Exhausts for both of our cars. The performance kit is SRI/Pulley... something else, and that part is identical for both of us if I understand correctly.

The exhausts are different, but they make one for each of our cars.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:03 AM

Nice
Old Jul 4, 2012, 06:27 PM

Nice car man! I was in the same boat as you wanted the X but with insurance premium and monthly payment I just could justify spending that much money a month.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Thats a nice car now thats a car worth turboing also later on if you wanted to really upgrade it you could install a evo engine pretty easy since it is already AWD I'm shure there is a way to do it if you are auto maby a way to tune a MR X tran engine to work in full auto for a swap. Any way great platform lots of option for this car. Turbo it that is the best mod you can do to it.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

I would get some basic upgrades that are essential.

Switch to a full synthetic oil. You will protect your engine, free up some hp and slightly better mpg.

Also, may I recommend a drop in air filter upgrade? I would recommend the Cosworth drop in filter. It has no oil so no threat to your MAF sensor. Also it was dynoed to add 14 whp to the EVO, so it should add some hp.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:22 AM

AutoCityImports.com sell's alot of stuff for our lancers..... I have a 09 not the AWD =[ but all parts should fit exhaust, intakes, hoods, ect.... not sure about suspension or anything like that though. Here's my ride www.facebook.com/rawreptar
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:22 AM

www.facebook.com/rawreptar87 ***
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The K&N typhoon intake is a nice kit and adds 7whp to the 2,4/2.0 NA motors.
I am going to pick up an SE before Xmas. I love how you can drive around in front whhel drive to save gas but push a button and go to AWD. Even has a diff lock feature that splits torque between front and rear diffs. In LOCK mode it sends 70% torque to rear wheels and 30% to the front wheels. Will make it fun in the snow like that.(tail out). Imprezza is 50/50 and so is wrx. The Lancer SE is unique in the ability to go from FWD to AWD with push of a button. That appeals to me and I have an 06 STi but when its paid off in Nov I'll be picking up the SE lancer and keeping the STi for weekend toy.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you know if the FAST KEY is available on the SE man?

Quick Reply: 2012 Lancer SE CVT AWD