Notices

FutureShop Installation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2005, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down FutureShop Installation

I recently had my speakers installed at Future Shop in Montreal. I got the Infinity component speakers and had the crossover mounted in the door panel. When they installed it they had to screw it in place and did so right through some wiring in the door. I didn't notice at first but now my power door locks don't work, and one of the rear power windows doesn't work. To top it off, the speakers keep cutting out, twice there has been a short in the wiring as it touched metal. Anybody ever have problems with future shop? How was their service? Any compensation?
Old Jan 2, 2005, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Dam that sucks. Can you sue them or anything?

You should have went to A&B sound. I wouldnt trust any big chain stores like Best Buy or Futureshop to handle anything like that.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

I had a problem with then a while ago with my old car. When they installed the deck some of the control buttons for the A/C and heating kept falling off. I went back to them and they said that they take no responsability for it. They told me the car is old and that I should expect things to fall out.

Was I ever pissed. I talked to the manager of the store and was told that he can't do nothing as well because they contracted that work out to other people and that they don't work for Future shop. Lets just say that I got my money back after a few words to head office and i never bought anything from them again.

Now I get all my work done at Audio to Go in Mississauga.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Yeah I've heard similar horror stories about futureshop, seems like getting stuff installed by them is like getting serviced by Crappy Tire, sometimes its OK, but when it goes wrong, its goes big time. I got my deck installed at Visions, talked to the guy before hand, seemed smart enough and he did one hell of a good install.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good thing FutureShop left the states.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 08:32 AM

yeah too bad we don't have A&B Sound out here in Nova Scotia, I was on vacation in Montreal and got the Infinity speakers on sale at futureshop and wanted them installed for the ride home. I got my deck and subs and everything else installed at Atlantic Car Stereo here, those guys were awesome. The guy even took almost an hour after the store was closed to explain to me how the deck worked (Alpine CDA 9835, sweet deck!!).

To top it all off my front right speaker that wasn't working, it would cut in and out. This is the 3rd time I have brought it in and they have told me they have fixed it. 1 day later, it's cutting out again. It's too bad, the guys there seem really nice, but incompetent
Old Jan 3, 2005, 11:48 AM

Audio to go?

Where is audio to go in mississauga? I just know Phantom.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Futureshop is a company like anyothers... What makes the good work is the good installers... some at Futureshop are good, some are bad... the good ones are never available... the chief of the installers made some crazy things... like in Steven Spielsberg plane... n e ways
Old Jan 3, 2005, 05:26 PM

I got all my audio stuff installed at FutureShop. First they reversed the polarity of my rear speakers but I then went to another FutureShop and they were great. They fixed that problem and installed everything else well. They were very helpful and everytime I went back with questions or little things, they would help me out. Now I can do my own installs so i'll never need to pay again.

But FutureShop should garantie the install and should thus pay for any problems they cause.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 08:06 PM

The FutureShop here says that if i make a claim through them it will go against their store, so i have to get a hold of the guys in Montreal (I am posted in Halifax right now) I think the head office may be a better place to start.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 09:28 PM
EdT
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Icecube79
The FutureShop here says that if i make a claim through them it will go against their store, so i have to get a hold of the guys in Montreal (I am posted in Halifax right now) I think the head office may be a better place to start.
Which Future Shop did you get it installed at ?

The one on Marche Centrale has expereince installing Lancers, I asked them about their experience on Lancers and by coinincidence the guy told me to come to the back as he was just finishing installing an ultra modded system on a Lancer. It was very nicely done, but I didn't get any work done as I'am keeping everything stock for now.
All installers at FutureShop are private contractors working under the FutureShop name, so their experience in other businesses count, ask for references, the guy show me portfolio of all the rides that he has done, theere is usually a crew cheif who has extensive experience and other kids that are working for him.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Audio to Go is on Dundas St E. They are 3 or 4 lights west of the 427 on the North Side. They have great prices and the service is great as well
Old Jan 4, 2005, 01:25 AM

I got it done at the futureshop out in lasalle. The one across from the mall *place angrinion i think it was
Old Jan 4, 2005, 05:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by mchowster
Where is audio to go in mississauga? I just know Phantom.
If you drive North to Orangeville there is a store called Customfx. Talk to Hoj. I dont know too many installers that have as many stereo competionion wins as him. He really knows his stuff. 519-942-3356
Old Jan 4, 2005, 03:59 PM

Anyone ever notice a difference between FS salesman and mormans?
I think they all look, dress and even act the same

I have nothing against either personally, but I've always found it interesting how closely matched they are.

Maybe it's a conspiracy

Sorry to go off topic here hehee, it's been my experience with Futureshop that almost always, you usually know more than the sales person that's helping you in regards to pretty much everything they sell.

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited by JPxM0Dz; Jan 8, 2005 at 04:25 PM.