Notices

God I hate kids

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2006, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Well technically I am no longer a kid as I am legally an adult. Even from a biological standpoint I am not a kid, I have more or less matured completely physically and I'm not far behind mentally (I believe mental growth ends in the early 20s). I actually can legally drink, remember, I'm in Canada, I've been legal since I was 18. I chose my title because I do indeed hate kids, and its because of stupid **** like the article showed.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Well technically I am no longer a kid as I am legally an adult. Even from a biological standpoint I am not a kid, I have more or less matured completely physically and I'm not far behind mentally (I believe mental growth ends in the early 20s). I actually can legally drink, remember, I'm in Canada, I've been legal since I was 18. I chose my title because I do indeed hate kids, and its because of stupid **** like the article showed.
Dayum yo, why would say that you hate yourself!!, Technically I would say there's something wrong with you. You are a kid, thats it!
Old Jan 28, 2006, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

For some odd reason, I don't think most people would consider a 20 year old to be a kid. If you look at one of my posts, I actually put the range as being from 14-18, so there ya go.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

"Alexander Ryazanov" was the kid's name, driving his parents' benz...sounds like russian mafia to me (i can make these comments since i'm russian ...not in the mafia though ) anyway, it sounds like they were really spoiled kids who thought they could do whatever, because Need For Speed r0x0rz!!1 my stupid 17 yr old cuz drives like a retard too, in his galant. the lil bastard just got his license and his gf is scared to be in the car with him because he thinks he's still playing Most Wanted when he gets into his pos car. and he wants to rice it out! i told him if he keeps at it, i'll key up his rice rocket.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
mental growth never ends you learn something new everyday and your mind will be growing and learning until the day you die! Are you sure your even out of school yet "kid"?hahahaha
Old Jan 28, 2006, 03:42 PM

kids, and canadians

I see your point about street racing, but it is NOT just kids doing it.
I see the same thing as far as Canadian's are concerned.

Canadian's can't drive either, and seem to not show alot of good sense.
LOL:P
Old Jan 28, 2006, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats some sad stuff... People these days dont know where to race and stuff but yea I feel sorry for the famly because the Taxi driver had a sick mother and when she finds out it might kill her Pray for the family of both the kid and the taxi driver.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by race17k
mental growth never ends you learn something new everyday and your mind will be growing and learning until the day you die! Are you sure your even out of school yet "kid"?hahahaha
Thats mental growth (ie learning) not mental maturity (ie the way you apply the knowledge you have and how you see the world). I'm currently a 3rd year bio student, so no I'm not out of school and probably won't be for at least another 5 years.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 06:43 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

You know Iam completly against street racing but what pisses me off the most about this is the media. They show statistics like "there have been 30 deaths in street racing releated accidents since 1999" But seriously thats 7 years. What about the 70+ Murders in the city of Toronto in 2006 alone. Why are there no crack down on guns and violance like there are on street races.
Why does the media pass the blame of street racing to a video game company by saying "A copy of Need For Speed, a street racing video game was found on the seat" What does that have to do with some persons ability to make a decent decision? These kids are old enough to get their drivers licences they should be smart enough to know that racing down a busy street in Toronto in their parents cars is just waiting to get hurt. I do feel bad for these kids though, they are getting the full book smaked at them and they didnt even deliberty mean to hurt anyone. They problaby didnt even leave their houses with the intent to street race, they problaby just found them selves in a showing of adolesent male testostrone at its best.

This all just goes to show you why you keep it on the track, things happen fast. I know I couldnt live with myself after killing someone in a stupid avoidable accident. If I die then thats one thing, its an inhareted risk I take with my constant crave for adrenalin rushes but I dont want to put others jeperody, and I try to make my risks calculated to remove most of the uncertinty.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 06:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I vouche for Ambystom01 being mature. Infact if you read some of his threads and posts throught the board you will find that he is more mature, more intellegent then most people on this board, regardless of age.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Thats exactly why I'm against street racing, sure its fun and sure its a hell of an adrenaline rush, but its so wreckless to be criminal (no pun intended). It's fine to do something where the only risk of injury is to yourself, but what about the innocent people around you? This is what gets me about the recent threads about speeding tickets, in my mind these people deserve exactly what they get. I agree that the media is being somewhat ridiculous in its portrayal of the tuning culture and racing video games (its exactly like how Columbine was blamed on Marilyn Manson), but I have no problem with attention being brought to a rising issue. Oh and thanks for the nice remarks Danno.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 03:44 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

^ Word
Old May 12, 2006, 03:05 AM
Evolving Member

Well since we are all complaining, down here, most of the 'kids' in street races come from well off families. They know the risk that they may f up the car, but they don't care, their parents would fix it in their eyes. I am 26, and still paying for them when my insurance comes in. I just figure that if more people would consider their rides a potential lethal weapon, and not just a shiny road rocket, we'd all be better off.... but on the bright side, I have to admit, it has thinned the heard of Civics on the streets..... True, it sucks you broke your ride, and some rides I can give credit for the look/performance of them (Even some of the 'riced out' Civics, I hate to admit) but maybe it takes something that extreme to smarten them up. I mean, look at the case in Toronto. Cabby was killed when 2 BMW's were racing. The oldest was 19, and the cars were gifts to them from their parents. You want to give your kid a car for a gift? Give them a Festiva. Let's see them race then. They would floor it, and little old ladies would pass you by and flip you off for going too slow. LOL
Old May 12, 2006, 04:13 AM

street racing doesn't kill people, death kills people.

it seems that it doens't matter what kind of car a person has, there will always be idiots zipping through crowded traffic and speeding on busy streets. I've had Kia Rios cut me off, and stock hondas rev up at me and making notions to race on freeways where traffic is going 40 or less. You can't prevent it from occuring, but you can carry a gun and blow the little bastards away before they do kill someone! J/K
How is this related to street races, well, if you do it on a crowded freeway, then you will probably go to a street race.
Old May 12, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

I agree that the greatest feeling around is an adrenaline rush, but to get that feeling in a car, unless on the track, just ain't worth it. If I were to ever want that feeling, then odds are I would take the time, spend the coin, build the car, then go to a sponsored track, just to see how it goes. Even if I finished dead last, I would take to heart that I could make something that could compete, but if I were to win something, the pride would swell, knowing that I had just enough in that vehicle, and in myself to actually earn something. Street races are like a drug really, all that effort, and no real sense of accomplishment, I think that is why they do it more and more after the first, they get used to the adrenaline, and the search for attention that will not come, at least not from anything not attatched to a badge, or worse yet, a tow truck. At least with the sponsored meets, you can come away with somethng to show, even if it is only a time slip. It is still something to show, and something to build from. I know right now, I can't get better then a 20 minute quarter time (Just being facetious) but once I benchmark it, and start to play, I can see an improvement, and to me, that is worth more then just going out and trying to beat some guy on a street any day. But that's only my opinion, and that won't stop anyone from doing it. Let's just hope all of us stop getting the finger pointed at us, and that they see that while we aren't perfect, we aren't the only age doing it, and that we aren't doing it.