Notices

Just wanted to let you all know

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2003, 05:31 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Changed my mind

Got a good idea from Dr. Crash the other day about going onto the RPW site and finding what engines are REALLY swapable into our car. He mentioned a V6, I just found what he was talking about......

NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE!!!!!

Anyways here's the swap guide for our car str8 from RPW....and for all those that say it's going to be sick expensive.....I don't give a ****:

4G94 SOHC 16v Engine Conversions

Many people wish to do engine swaps to replace this engine for various reasons. To produce horsepower readings in excess of 150hp takes quite a large amount of money and eventually reaches a point where you cannot really go any further with the engine. Below are RPW suggested best value engine swaps. The ratio of value to cost increases as you move down the list. The final engine descriptions can be done but are not a worth while conversion to do in our opinion. There are various reasons for this but consider this.

Any time you increase the horsepower of the vehicle, you need to look at brakes, suspension, engine management systems, chassis strengthening, traction, tyre sizes. To go to the extreme - stick a 500hp engine in your Lancer / Mirage 1.5 model vehicle. There is no hope of traction, any remote ability to even handle consistently when you accelerate. Chassis twist is a real problem as is torque steer which cannot really be overcome. Sure you can go to a 4wd conversion but at this stage unless you have sources of income on the illegitimate side, or love throwing your money away, why are you using this vehicle. The point being at some point you need to realise that there are better vehicles to work with and this may not be the one.

On the other hand, we have found that the recommended model engines, work extremely well, provide a nicely balanced vehicle that is definitely faster and has better acceleration and can work within the reasonable bounds of the standard chassis and available suspension packages. All we say is THINK about what you are doing and be certain you have enough money to finish what you started.

RPW suggested Engine Swaps ranked from best to worst.

6A13 SOHC 24 valve engine - rated 120kw factory (larger capacity means torque, bolts right into the car, readily & cheaply available)

6A12 DOHC 24 valve engine - rated 120kw factory (smaller capacity but better breathing)

6A12 DOHC 24 valve Mivec - rated 150kw factory (Our highest recommendation but getting up there in value)

4G93 DOHC 16 valve engine - rated 100kw factory (Hard to find but worthwhile to fit.)

4G93 DOHC 16 valve turbo - rated 160kw factory (Even harder to find)

4G63 DOHC 16 valve turbo - rated 206kw factory (Can be fitted, requires major modifications to balance of vehicle)

4G94 DOHC 16 valve Mivec - New product being developed by RPW.

As week speak I'm looking into the 6A12 engine....just trying to make sure there are lots of performance parts for it and people have them making decent hp.

Last edited by i_love_spool; Aug 15, 2003 at 10:01 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear that. what are you looking at getting
Old Jul 29, 2003, 05:44 PM
In Timeout

sorry to hear you didnt get wat u expected.... but just my 2cents is though your list is not that short... allof the items u purchased were not meant to add any real noticeable power.... mostly cosmetics... your s2000 ant. probably gave u the most...haha j/p... nah but for real your exhaust/intake were the only things to add any POWER that especially would be shown on a dyno and those 2 alone on a N/A car will not show a big diff...
Old Jul 29, 2003, 05:46 PM
Account Disabled

Nothing to see here

Last edited by i_love_spool; Aug 15, 2003 at 10:04 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 05:49 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by ChillinEvolved
sorry to hear you didnt get wat u expected.... but just my 2cents is though your list is not that short... allof the items u purchased were not meant to add any real noticeable power.... mostly cosmetics... your s2000 ant. probably gave u the most...haha j/p... nah but for real your exhaust/intake were the only things to add any POWER that especially would be shown on a dyno and those 2 alone on a N/A car will not show a big diff...
It was more of a common sense sort of thing.....spend $8500 for 100hp from a turbo kit for the Lancer......

Or spend the money on a supra engine....$3000 for a 153hp gain at the wheels.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

damn, what is insurance on a SC300??? you are in toronto and under 25 years old, i can only imagine.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 05:57 PM
Account Disabled

Lemme put it this way:

Old Insurance Company:
$7500/yr for the Z24 because of the accident (they don't know about the S/C on it)
$400/mnth for the Lancer (they don't know about the mods)

New Insurance Company:
$5600/yr for the Z24 knowing its supercharged
$423/ month A used SC300/400 from 97 or lower they'll allow me to mod the hell out of it (they don't realize the engine swap possiblity)

They see the Z24 as a car worth $9000 and the Soarer as also worth $9000.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

well this sux now man, now i am the only one who shows up to the meets with any mods. oh well, on to bigger and better for you i guess!! best of luck
Old Jul 29, 2003, 11:14 PM

Kinda disheartening - this on top of I just read a fairly negative review of the OZ-Rally in a Car & Driver comparison; came out 6th tied with a Dodge SX 2.0!..beaten by a KIA!! Makes me want to trade to a 3000 GT VR-4 and make some real power
Old Jul 30, 2003, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

if i had the money i would be driving a 3000GT VR-4 AWD AWS in a heartbeat.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by i_love_spool

check it out: http://www.suprastore.com/450hppackage.html

I'd love to get that Supra Stage 8 kit put in my Colt turbo.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 03:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Dr Crash
well this sux now man, now i am the only one who shows up to the meets with any mods. oh well, on to bigger and better for you i guess!! best of luck
Nah I'll still show up til its sold, and after its sold and the Soarer is done I'll be sure to bring it around.........

One of the major problems is I choose to buy a yellow car and added big polished rims......every time a cop see's it at night im pulled over......total pull over count since I bought it to when I had the rims put on......2 times......total since then 13!!!!!

Oddly enough, total tickets issued zero
Old Jul 31, 2003, 04:45 AM
jtc
Evolving Member

sorry to hear that, spool. anyway, if you're going to remove any of the mods, i wouldn't mind that CAI, i've also asked around to friends and put the word out. good luck.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

hey if you're stripping it, i'll take that greddy evo catback off your hands!!
Old Aug 5, 2003, 05:48 AM

Sorry to hear that ! how mutch u dyno ? and do u sell some parts alone ?

Quick Reply: Just wanted to let you all know