Notices

Vinyl Appointment

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2008, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
those are history bro, hydrolikz and i swapped rims, he took the red off though. looks nice on a grey car. im getting mine professionally done as we speak in jet black, with the red ofcourse. for the one's i did, i used the wheel paint for Canadian tire. if you are going to do it, be really careful its hard not to overspray. you will need primer first, atleast 2 coats, 2 coats of paint and 2 coats of clear coat. its alot of work. let me knwo if you are intrested in getting it done professionally, will hook it up for you.
Old May 20, 2008, 03:55 PM

hey this vinyl your putting on your lights, what kind is it? it isn't just the window tint stuff that one could buy from Canadian Tire is it? also couldn't you just buy a can of that "Night Shade" stuff and spray the lights? I have been wanting to smoke out everything for awhile now and all the pictures look sick, I would love to be able to do it myself, advicee/input would be greatly appreciated.

'03 Lancer
Old May 20, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

k, this is def not candian tire tint bro. its a vinyl, its sticky on one side, whereas tint gets sticky once wet. you def need a heat gun to do the curves, its pretty easy and hard at the same time. you need to not stretch the vinyl too much and not use too much heat that woud stretch the vinyl and become lighter cuz ur strething it too much. my $0.02, just get it done from a pro, its only prolly 50-60$. its going to take you a long time if you have never worked with vinyl. if you still decide to do it yourself, you can buy the stuff from ebay or i can get you some if you want.
Old May 21, 2008, 02:55 PM

hey homieG thanks alot man, I wasn't trying to make it sound like it was easy or anything, just curious is all, I am more of a hands on guy and would rather learn to do something for myself then have someone else do it, and feel the satisfaction from havin completed something myself. But you never answered my question about that spray on Night Shade stuff and any differences other than ones perminant.
Old May 23, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

^That's pretty much the only difference. If you want to be able to remove it and still get the same look you would get the vinyl, If you don't care then go ahead and spray it.