Notices
View Poll Results: Do you agree with a Bi weekly meet schedule aligned on the First and Third Friday
Yes, I agree with having the meet on the first and third Friday of every month.
66.67%
Yes, But I think we should just have it every two weeks period (where ever it falls on the calendar)
25.00%
No
8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

~V~ Voting Resolution #1: Bi Weeky meets

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2008, 09:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
~V~ Voting Resolution #1: Bi Weeky meets

NOTE: Who can vote, if you have been to at least 2 official TLC meets then your vote will count. What type of car, well you should have a lancer or lancer variant e.g. EVO, RalliArt, but if you dont , its not going to be held against you so long as you are a helpful contributing member of the club and dont upset too many members. We are more of a MOB right now, but democracy is coming

SECOND NOTE: Dont spoil your vote too early, lets have some discussion about it first.

First order of business was to set out who what where when and yes focus why.

Our meets are one of the most important thing about a car club. So I wanted to come up with something that is a good balance of how many meets per month and location. location location location!!!

Location can be debated and modified within this thread, and we can attempt to get a consensus as we go along. This Vote is to put into play a bi weekly meet schedule that can work for everyone.

First AND Third Friday of month, one east side meet and one west side meet

I also wanted to shift the location of the west side meet alittle closer to the core of the GTA. Dixie and Eglington (one light north) there is a Tim Hortons right by a Stables Business depot Ithink, the lot is of good size and has low police regulation if you know what I mean.

Let me know, this poll closes next week thursday

Last edited by evo_soul; Jun 7, 2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the set schedule idea, that way people don't have to wonder when the next meet will be. And we definately need to get the west end meet a little close to the core, because it seems to be a journey for the majority of us to get there.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 12:56 PM
Former Sponsor

of course this doesnt rule out having west side meets at the Oakville location from time to time. its a nice place We will leave that till later to decide.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 01:11 PM

Eglinton and Dixie area is a no no, the Police station is just south of eglinton. Police hang out at that Tim Hortons. If you guys are worried about travelling too far and are willing to meet up near the 401 (Eglinton & Dixie) anyway why not meet at the Tim Horton's at Brittannia and Terry Fox. It is right off the 401 on Mavis, It has 10 times the space of Dixie and Eglinton, a great mixture of tuners and ricers meet there, and also nice environment.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 01:42 PM
Former Sponsor

we can have a seperate vote after this resolution is over. but that Mavis location has my vote hehhe
Old Jun 9, 2008, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

sounds good. we definitely need a "chillin" place too.

i know this is off topic but how did the front lip discussion go at the last meet?

i really wanna buy them
Old Jun 9, 2008, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

this def soudns like a good idea. we do need to have one meet on a saturday though. i have noticed that there are members who want to attend meets, but cant unless its a saturday. so how about we have one meet on a friday and the 2nd on a saturday? i also agree on making meets closer to the GTA, its a loooong haul for alot of us here, especially members who live north. taking about north, im sure the north members and I would want a meet somewhere close to our turf too. just a thought. its always a good time at our meets. i will be there when i can!
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:38 PM

How about the next meet be at "Dave & Busters" guys? that is up north.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 02:28 PM
Former Sponsor

once a month we can have a Saturday meet, but we gotta set it up in another vote. Lets get the friday meet vote out of the way first .
Old Jun 9, 2008, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

+1 for D&B meet
good thinkin sharkie
Old Jun 9, 2008, 08:26 PM

everyone just agree with shaun and lets go!
Old Jun 10, 2008, 01:23 AM
Former Sponsor

now now, democracy here lol

anyways the poll ends in a few days. Hydro for the interm will be heading the meet agendas, and he will be laying the ground work to get these organized and on the go.

Web site is slated for a change shortly, it will give the relavant people access to the site to add content more relavant to a club. We webmaster is close to being elected to take over the sites operation.

in the mean time I will be formally sharing some of my ideas with Charles (evolutionm staff) about our canadian section. I think its important that we maintain a close relationship with this site vs. attempting to start another forum and further fragmenting the community. There are rules to be followed on evolutionm, but I still think its the better way to go. I will keep you guys up to date as things happen

Cheers
Old Jun 10, 2008, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

The next meets information will be up by tonight, just working out some details with the OG's.