Notices

ThE BiG GTA MeeT iS SeT

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2004, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you know that if you start offering rides you are gonna end up taking EVERYONE for a ride right?? or at the very least, me!
Old Apr 4, 2004, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

I'm coming with my Evo with my friend's Mirage as well.
Old Apr 4, 2004, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by TRDHarrier
I'm coming with my Evo with my friend's Mirage as well.
Good to hear.... I PM'd you about the event.....
Old Apr 12, 2004, 12:36 PM

The meet sounds great guys....I haven't been able to make it out to any of the mini-meets this year, but man can't wait...June 13th was it??? sweet, and yeah....whoever has an evo is definately gonna hafta take 30 people for a ride....maybe a couple of us can hang on to the roof or sumthin...great, and great job to the guys who made this all happen!
Old Apr 14, 2004, 01:25 PM

alright i've been to a different meet and some really funny guy thought it qwould be really funny to see howe many cars he could key.... i hope somebody will getm my back cuz if that happens again my foot is gonna see more *** than an astroaut travelling to uranus!!!!
Old Apr 19, 2004, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

I will try and be there. As long as I can get away from my shop for the day!
Old Apr 22, 2004, 05:35 PM

I'm looking forward to meeting some people who can help me make some slight modifications to my car!
Old Apr 22, 2004, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

what sort of modifications?
Old Apr 23, 2004, 06:00 AM

Hey Dr. Fob,

I'm looking for an RRM Evo Style Grill and possibly an RMR Lancer Type 2 Front Lip. Knockoffs are good too, if I can find any. They're too expensive to buy directly from the U.S., so I'm hoping to meet anything around here who knows where I can get one.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

RedPhoenix,

Be careful with knockoffs, because they tend to use cheap fiberglass and might crack badly. The grill shouldn't be too difficult to install, but make sure the lip comes with all clips and bolts.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

actually, i find that parts are cheaper from the US then buying direct from Canada....i've gotten nearly everything i have on my car from the US at great savings to what i would have paid here...all you have to do is be patient and look around for the deals to come

and heed Dr. Fob's words, you get what you pay for especially in the realm of knock-offs
Old Apr 23, 2004, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the advice guys! As you can see, I'm still a newbie. Do any of you have any suggestions on where I might be able to get a new Evo style grill for a good price?
Old Apr 23, 2004, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

There are some JDM Ralliart style front grills on eBay...otherwise I'm sure Vividracing, RMR, or Lancershop will have body parts for your car.

I don't know if you're looking for an EVO 7 or 8 front end. There are conversion kits to transform your Lancer into an EVO 7, and it includes bumper, hood, and grill, among other things. I am not certain if there's an EVO 8 conversion at the moment.

If I'm not mistaken, you factory grill is part of the hood? Both EVOs 7 and 8 have the grill as part of the bumper and is independent from the hood. Perhaps you should consult with Dr. Crash. He is knowledgeable on this topic, because he was considering an EVO 7 conversion for his car.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

yes Dr. Fob is correct, the evo7 and 8 have a stright cut hood and the grill or lack of grill is part of the bumper....with an evo7 conversion there is a gb i think still going on for the accolade evo7 tech kit which includes both front and rear bumpers, side skirts, hood, eyelids, and wing for $900US....if i had the money right now i'd jump on it, but i think i'm gonna save up for a supercharger instead....the evo 7 doesn't have a grill per se, but rater a lack of grill...if you go into the for sale thread and search for accolade evo7 tech kit you should find pics of it, or www.body-kit.com

as for just buying a grill, i found the best deal is to buy one used from someone or get the ralliart one on ebay or directly from japan....some guys are trying to do a "gb" for them on this site but are charging double what they are worth...straight from ralliart they are $130CDN and the gb is for $200US....rrm has an evo grill that you can paint or a cf one, but they are pretty expensive
Old Apr 25, 2004, 03:23 PM

if i can get my car before june 13th and find my way there ill be there

Quick Reply: ThE BiG GTA MeeT iS SeT