Notices

perplexed by p2253, p0138, u0167

Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
perplexed by p2253, p0138, u0167

Hey guys, could use some more brains on this issue.

I have cobb ap v2 with v403 stage 3 SF installed with supporting mods. 2008 MR.

Randomly got an ACD failure this winter, thought it was an actual ACD pump failure.
Shortly after I got p2253 [primary o2 high voltage] p0138 [secondary o2 high voltage] along with u0167[immobolizer comm error] all at the same time.

I'm having trouble figuring out why they would all come on at the same time, I really doubt both o2 sensors failed mechanically at the exact same time so Im thinking there might be a software or can bus issue here and was wondering if anyone came across anything like this, I've done some extensive searches but nothing solid came up.

I've had a look at the wiring for both o2 sensors, looks solid. Updated the AP today 2/19/2014 and reflash v403 -- same codes.

Any diagnostic tips?

Last edited by deanob; Feb 19, 2014 at 11:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
HappilyEverAfte (May 9, 2023)
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Resolved:

I removed my AXXESS ASWC unit for steering wheel control with aftermarket decks and it was messing with my CAN BUS system.

I highly recommend not using these devices... they're electronics are shotty at best. More like turds in my opinion.

ACD still dead however, I now have STFT and LTFT's.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 07:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by deanob
Resolved:

I removed my AXXESS ASWC unit for steering wheel control with aftermarket decks and it was messing with my CAN BUS system.

I highly recommend not using these devices... they're electronics are shotty at best. More like turds in my opinion.

ACD still dead however, I now have STFT and LTFT's.
Try removing the negative terminal from the battery, push the brake pedal for a few seconds, and wait for 5 minutes before hooking the negative terminal back up. This should reset everything in the car, hopefully your ACD comes back.
-Chris
Old Jan 30, 2015, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Try removing the negative terminal from the battery, push the brake pedal for a few seconds, and wait for 5 minutes before hooking the negative terminal back up. This should reset everything in the car, hopefully your ACD comes back.
-Chris
Not to revive an old thread, but this person's problem is exactly like mine. I just got my AWC Pump replaced under the new warranty extension 10y/100k. I took it to the dealer with COBB Flashed to stage2 93oct. Once I got it back, I could toggle my AWC switch on the steering wheel, and I am stuck only on Tarmac. I get trouble code U1067 - immobilizing communication error. There is also an unnamed error code that just says "ECU" with no details.

Chris, should I follow your instructions above to reset everything in the car with the ECU still flashed to Stage 2, or tune back to Stock before-hand?

I did not have this issue with toggling my AWC switch before my AWC service light went on.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:37 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Lytec
Not to revive an old thread, but this person's problem is exactly like mine. I just got my AWC Pump replaced under the new warranty extension 10y/100k. I took it to the dealer with COBB Flashed to stage2 93oct. Once I got it back, I could toggle my AWC switch on the steering wheel, and I am stuck only on Tarmac. I get trouble code U1067 - immobilizing communication error. There is also an unnamed error code that just says "ECU" with no details.

Chris, should I follow your instructions above to reset everything in the car with the ECU still flashed to Stage 2, or tune back to Stock before-hand?

I did not have this issue with toggling my AWC switch before my AWC service light went on.
The dealer may have tried to flash your ECU, there is a new flash they are pushing. Every time I take mine in, I put a piece of tape over the OBD2 port that says "do not flash" just in case.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the U0167 Immobilizer communication error after flash in the std map.. the others all functions only how to solve this U0167 code?. it was not there before i flash in the std map
Old May 9, 2023, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 O2 codes & u0167

Hi, just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience. I bought a 2006 Land Rover LR3 from an auction. It was dropped off with NO KEY and a drilled out ignition switch. Little bit of "magic" and it won't start but turns on. Pulled the codes. And it said 2 Oxygen sensors bank 1 and 2 I think. And u0167 "lost communication with immobilizer control module". I am embarrassed to say that I ASSUMED both O2 sensors going out at the same time was a Land Rover thing. And that the 067 was due to not having a good fob... 5 months later, I stumbled upon your post.... I don't know if my Rover has any updated or upgrades. I know it last ran October, 2022. And it has 134k mi. I was also towed and tampered with. And still dont have a fob for it (mechanic ran off with my repair money - ugh.) Anyways, all this to say thank you for broadening my vision to other possible causes!

"After you've eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, is the truth." Sherlock Holmes

Originally Posted by deanob
Hey guys, could use some more brains on this issue.

I have cobb ap v2 with v403 stage 3 SF installed with supporting mods. 2008 MR.

Randomly got an ACD failure this winter, thought it was an actual ACD pump failure.
Shortly after I got p2253 [primary o2 high voltage] p0138 [secondary o2 high voltage] along with u0167[immobolizer comm error] all at the same time.

I'm having trouble figuring out why they would all come on at the same time, I really doubt both o2 sensors failed mechanically at the exact same time so Im thinking there might be a software or can bus issue here and was wondering if anyone came across anything like this, I've done some extensive searches but nothing solid came up.

I've had a look at the wiring for both o2 sensors, looks solid. Updated the AP today 2/19/2014 and reflash v403 -- same codes.

Any diagnostic tips?