Notices

Trouble reading codes with the AP

Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble reading codes with the AP

Hi guys,
Was driving to work today and the SES light popped on. Figured I would just read the code with my accessport when I got to work. When I parked and I went to the main menu of the AP, scrolled to troubleshoot and clicked it. It thinks for a little bit and then goes back to the main menu. I tried a couple more times and the same thing. So I shut off the car, made sure the AP powered off, then turned it back on and tried again. No luck. Am I doing something wrong here? Or is the AP acting up? I was pretty sure I should be able to read the codes with it.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 02:07 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 862 Likes on 823 Posts
Not too sure about the Cobb reader but any OBII compliant reader will pull down the active codes

Your local O'Reillys or other store can do it for free

My .02
Old Mar 1, 2019, 09:05 AM

Yeah I was able to pull the code with a Bluetooth dongle I had in my other car...I was just under the impression I should be able to pull it with the Cobb AP too
Old Apr 19, 2019, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

I use my Accessport all the time (unfortunately) to read and clear codes.

One thing I noticed is if you have a splitter from your OBD2 port, it has trouble communicating. Make sure to connect it directly to the port.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.