EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Cobb AccessPORT (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/cobb-accessport-340/)
-   -   cobb tuning accessPORT question (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/cobb-accessport/548008-cobb-tuning-accessport-question.html)

EVOXMR10 Mar 30, 2011 10:45 PM

cobb tuning accessPORT question

i just order a cobb tuning accessPORT and im going to be using it as my second map....

does anyone have there evo x tune (ECU reflash) and also have the cobb tuning accessPORT as a second map ?

so its like having dual maps

how do you like it ?

thanks

BakaUnchi Mar 31, 2011 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by EVOXMR10 (Post 9202354)
i just order a cobb tuning accessPORT and im going to be using it as my second map....

does anyone have there evo x tune (ECU reflash) and also have the cobb tuning accessPORT as a second map ?

so its like having dual maps

how do you like it ?

thanks

that is not possible, the accessport will flash over your ecuflash tune

Golden Mar 31, 2011 08:13 AM

But it will return your old map when you unmarry it.

EVOXMR10 Mar 31, 2011 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Golden (Post 9203009)
But it will return your old map when you unmarry it.

yeah cause im going to have one tune on water/meth and have AP without the water/meth tune for my DD

fostytou Mar 31, 2011 10:31 AM

.....or you could just use ECUFlash only (or AP only) and stick to one product so you don't have to constantly un-marry the device.

Better yet, tephramods will allow you to map switch on the fly without AP or a flash.

Note that constantly flashing your ECU can eventually cause memory errors (though we do it quite a bit and haven't run into many problems)

Golden Mar 31, 2011 02:50 PM

Yep, I agree. Stick to one platform.
AP can flash back and forth with multiple maps loaded on.
EcuFlash can flash back and forth with multiple maps (requires laptop).
EcuFlash can also use Tephra mods and allow swapping on the fly. (Best Bet)

EVOXMR10 Apr 1, 2011 11:05 AM

so i can have dual maps on the AP ?

i have as well do it like that and just have my tuning on the AP !

my AP is coming tomorrow....i cant wait to play with it :D

fostytou Apr 1, 2011 11:32 AM

You can have more than one map stored on the AP, but you will have to stop and flash each time you want to change it. It will cause wear on some of the memory cells in the ECU which may eventually damage it.

With ECUFlash you can currently change between 2 maps on the fly with the car running by holding down a specific button. Soon, you will be able to change between 9 maps.

boostawd16 Apr 2, 2011 05:51 PM

yea way too much of a hassle unmarrying and marrying and unmarrying its not fun just stick to one tune

EVOXMR10 Apr 4, 2011 10:47 AM

i drop off my car this morning and the shop guy said it better if i leave it marry at all time, so that what ill do {thumbup}

kozmic27 Apr 4, 2011 11:41 AM

There is no reason why you cant have one of your AP maps be set up for meth. The AP wont allow you to incorporate the automatic failsafe map switching like the Ecuflash map will, but you can still tune a meth map on the ap. Switching maps via the AP is not that big a deal.

jstride Nov 7, 2011 05:03 PM

Agreed. Stick to one product. AP has limitations due to limited tuners familiar with evo's in particular.