Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

"Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:56 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by vmrevo9
good points but a diesel can rev higher than what you think. Were used to seeing trucks with a 3-4k redline but thats because of gearing and design of that motor. There is actual diesel dragsters out there. Im sure we'll be in for a good surprise!
Victor some points are being missed here,,, this new evo is not an all out diesel engine is a hybrid diesel/electric engine,, much like the lovely Prius
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tsidrift1
Mitsu can make a car for the enviroment. In the meantime, Ill run my 9 around with no emissions, no cat etc.
LOL same here
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:05 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Did someone say diesel?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evzwQSKyfYU
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by xi
Did someone say diesel?
]
I guess i am bored and super fired up about this.

Sir you are missing the important part diesel car would be one thing, but you are missing the important part,, this will be nothing more than a prius on steroids,, diesel small engine with an electric motor, if it was a diesel engine solely then thats one thing but diesel and electric come on ! its obviouse mitsu has given in to the tree hugging BS

give us back the 4G63T, and call it a day
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apagan01
I guess i am bored and super fired up about this.

Sir you are missing the important part diesel car would be one thing, but you are missing the important part,, this will be nothing more than a prius on steroids,, diesel small engine with an electric motor, if it was a diesel engine solely then thats one thing but diesel and electric come on ! its obviouse mitsu has given in to the tree hugging BS

give us back the 4G63T, and call it a day
You already have the 4g63... nearly 20 years worth. And to say that this will be a Prius on steroids... I highly doubt that. That's like saying that the EVO is just a base Lancer on steroids. While that might be somewhat correct, everyone here knows that there is much more to it than that.

One thing knows is forced induction, which can be very powerful in conjunction with diesel. I really do see the logic in this, from a number of viewpoints. The torque on this car will be ridiculous; there is the option to run biodiesel; they might even release it as a plug-in hybrid.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by apagan01
Victor some points are being missed here,,, this new evo is not an all out diesel engine is a hybrid diesel/electric engine,, much like the lovely Prius
Andy,

i understand your view points. although i am somewhat concerned about the electric hybrid part. it would not be fair to compare this to a Prius.

one thing i dont like about the hybrid part is that if in fact its going electric the weight of the electrical system (wires, batteries, etc) and the battery life will impose some concerns.

i actually cant wait to see whats new with the Evo XI.

Dont get me wrong i LOVE my 4g63 equipped RS! but i am interested in seeing the new Evo. i hope Mitsu has something up their sleeve to maintain the interest of us dinosaur guys
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see where some people are getting their logic here. Mitsu isn't listening to their buyers because they have to listen to the governments that can put them out of business. Car companies are having to answer to a demand for high gas efficiency and lower emissions and that's exactly what Mitsu is going for here. And quite frankly, diesels are better than gas motors in almost every way. **** ton of torque, less emissions, more MPGs, etc. Couple that with an electric motor which provides torque at the speed of light.

You've got yourself a winning combo. Look at all the diesels that are doing work out there now. Friend's 2010 F250 turbodiesel is making 1300ft-lbs of torque with intake, tune, and exhaust and gets better gas mileage than stock. Look at how well the Audis in the LMS are doing.

Diesel is just the way to go...besides, it's almost identical to jet fuel. And who doesn't want to say that they put jet fuel in their car?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Babs
I don't see where some people are getting their logic here. Mitsu isn't listening to their buyers because they have to listen to the governments that can put them out of business. Car companies are having to answer to a demand for high gas efficiency and lower emissions and that's exactly what Mitsu is going for here. And quite frankly, diesels are better than gas motors in almost every way. **** ton of torque, less emissions, more MPGs, etc. Couple that with an electric motor which provides torque at the speed of light.

You've got yourself a winning combo. Look at all the diesels that are doing work out there now. Friend's 2010 F250 turbodiesel is making 1300ft-lbs of torque with intake, tune, and exhaust and gets better gas mileage than stock. Look at how well the Audis in the LMS are doing.

Diesel is just the way to go...besides, it's almost identical to jet fuel. And who doesn't want to say that they put jet fuel in their car?
Well fine doing it diesel but electric come on?? They are nuts!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not completely against this. I am not a hardcore environmentalist...I mean as a car enthusiast my ideals tend to run perpendicular to theirs but lets face it the increasing of our carbon output is really putting a dick in the Earth's *** and not only that I am 100% pure American and I am tired of the strangle hold that the Middle East is putting on our country and how easy we have made it for them to crush our nuts economically.

If I can get the same if not better power out of a car and still have the ability to make more power and it cuts my dependency on foreign oil and also gives my son a better chance at a non Water World future then that sounds good to me lol. Besides my VIII is my race car so as I am Planning on buying an optioned out XI MR when I get back from Afghanistan anyways so this would fit that bill just as well.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Oh I would like to add though that if Mitsu made all of its vehicles except the Evo super emissions friendly then that to me is completely acceptable.

I also have been considering running for President in the year 2020 (Don't laugh, I'm seriously tired of seeing politicians run my country into the ground so I figure I should try and do something about it.) and one of my proposals to help with global warming and **** is to tighten emission standards on all Vehicles but allow each car manufacturer to have one flag ship performance car that is emissions exempt in all states.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

i need to find an ix before the price goes through the roof and the xi ull never see me in one i promise u guys it will weight more than the x maby u guys can run cooking oil through it
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:26 PM

Modified Mag turbo'ed a Prius. It put down about 427/220. The electric motor helped with the power. When the day is done though, it is still a Prius.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hereitcomes
Modified Mag turbo'ed a Prius. It put down about 427/220. The electric motor helped with the power. When the day is done though, it is still a Prius.
True but 500awhp electric Evo and the end of the day is still an Evo.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Oh and Dee while you right I am sure it will be heavier than a X...I mean its a ****ing diesel motor. Look at how much the X weights compared to all the popular pony car garbage.

Your talking 3500 to over 4k on these 2 door "sports" cars compared to a 4 door sports sedan. If the Evo XI weights more as long as it carries its weight well then it is justified if those coups get away with it.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Why do people say that Mitsubishi isn't listening to consumers? Consumers want high fuel economy, that's why there's a mpg war between manufacturers.

It was stated already, evo is a niche market. And niche market does not populate the overall consumer market, but just a fraction of it. So why would Mitsubishi listen to, for arguments sake, 25% of their consumers when 75% wants fuel economy? If they can put fuel economy up on the evo, they can garner more people into buying the 40k evo, than the 20k lancer.

As for the diesel hybrid, I can't say for sure since it is not even in the projects phase yet. It's still in the brainstorming phase. My guess, electric would drive low-end for torque, and it switches to diesel on higher rpm. Not like the Prius, which is, I believe, gas on lower end and electric on higher rpm range. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this....never owned a Prius.

One thing for sure, when Mitsubishi announced they're shelving the 4g63, I was appalled since it's what makes the evo an evo. The 4b11 changing out the tried and true 4g63 was unreal. But look at me now, I have an X. And though the specific characteristics aren't the same, the 4b11 makes the power an evo guy can rely on.

And like the namesake says, it's an evolution. The generations always keeps on getting better and better with each generation. Though the definition of "better" is debatable since everyones opinion differ from one to the next.

As for me, I'll wait it out, if the XI isn't what I want, then I would just keep the X I have now. Nobody said u have to buy every generation of the evo.....unless ur a car collector.

Last edited by Panda_stunter; Oct 21, 2011 at 10:48 PM.

Quick Reply: "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.