Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

new times w/mods

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2005, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new times w/mods

well, went to rockingham dragway,nc and was pretty happy. i ran against a new 05 ls2 corvette about 4 or 5 times and won everytime. this is what the slip was:

r/t - .193
60ft - 1.988
1/8 - 8.359
1/8 mph- 85.09
1/4 - 12.900 (just missed the 12.8!)
1/4 mph - 108.92

mods:

dynoflash boost controller flash
3" megan racing turboback w/b&b cat delete
k&n drop in filter
jdm evo mr bov

car ran consistant 12.9's all night. was really happy. i need to work on that '60 and i'm sure to run a 12.8.

let me know what you think.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

also ran 4 gallons of 93 octane mixed with 4 gallons of 112 gt unleaded fuel
Old Jun 18, 2005, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The driving part (60'/shifting) is so-so, but your mph is really good, and that's the most important part. With practice, your driving will improve, but the fact that your MPH is so good means that your combination of mods is working very well, so you should happy. When you get used to launching the AWD, you can do 12.4 or 12.5 @ 109mph. I did several 12.3s today at 109 and one 12.2, but that's a little different story due to my 6spd gearing issues.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

work on your launches so you can lower the 60
Old Jun 19, 2005, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Wow your trap speed is damn good for such few mods, wow the 05s are so freakin' strong
Old Jun 19, 2005, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
The driving part (60'/shifting) is so-so, but your mph is really good, and that's the most important part. With practice, your driving will improve, but the fact that your MPH is so good means that your combination of mods is working very well, so you should happy. When you get used to launching the AWD, you can do 12.4 or 12.5 @ 109mph. I did several 12.3s today at 109 and one 12.2, but that's a little different story due to my 6spd gearing issues.
the 60' is killin me. i pulled the plug for the 5k rev limiter and it still wont let me go past 5k? i cant figure out why but it still works even when i pulled the plug. any suggestions? so, when i launch, i can only launch from 5k and just bounce it off the rev limiter till the tree drops. wish i could figure it out.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by freshsrt-4
the 60' is killin me. i pulled the plug for the 5k rev limiter and it still wont let me go past 5k? i cant figure out why but it still works even when i pulled the plug. any suggestions? so, when i launch, i can only launch from 5k and just bounce it off the rev limiter till the tree drops. wish i could figure it out.
Well, well, well...whaddya know?

The same thing happened to my buddy with an MR who also has a Dynoflash. HE couldn't cut any 60's like me, so I went and unplugged his 5k limiter, then went to launch it myself at the track. I staged, then started to rev on the 1st yellow, then right when I thought I'd hit 6k and begin to engage the clutch, the 5k limiter kicked in. It caught me off guard and led to a 2.0 60'. I came back to the pits thinking I had unplugged the starter switch, but nope...it was still plugged in. I unplugged it, too, and the 5k limit was STILL ACTIVE. I only had _ONE_ guess as to how this was possible, and that was the DYNOFLASH. My friend has since inquired about it to Al, but he hasn't received a response yet. I can't think of any other reason that the 5k limiter stays active with the switch unplugged, but I don't want to pass judgement until Al responds...
Old Jun 19, 2005, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

The same thing happened to my buddy with an MR who also has a Dynoflash. HE couldn't cut any 60's like me, so I went and unplugged his 5k limiter, then went to launch it myself at the track. I staged, then started to rev on the 1st yellow, then right when I thought I'd hit 6k and begin to engage the clutch, the 5k limiter kicked in. It caught me off guard and led to a 2.0 60'. I came back to the pits thinking I had unplugged the starter switch, but nope...it was still plugged in. I unplugged it, too, and the 5k limit was STILL ACTIVE. I only had _ONE_ guess as to how this was possible, and that was the DYNOFLASH. My friend has since inquired about it to Al, but he hasn't received a response yet. I can't think of any other reason that the 5k limiter stays active with the switch unplugged, but I don't want to pass judgement until Al responds...
correct me if i'm wrong, but Al can raise the redline to 7500 so that makes me believe that he could still hold the 5k rev limiter. i'm not passing judgement either but i think it could be possible as well. but then again, when it comes to reflashing ecu's i have no idea how thats done so maybe the dynoflash has nothing to do with it and there is another way to disengage it.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

correct me if i'm wrong, but Al can raise the redline to 7500 so that makes me believe that he could still hold the 5k rev limiter. i'm not passing judgement either but i think it could be possible as well. but then again, when it comes to reflashing ecu's i have no idea how thats done so maybe the dynoflash has nothing to do with it and there is another way to disengage it.
Actually, you're stock rev limiter is set at 7606rpm. He raises it to 7800 and sometimes higher upon request.

For the record, I DON'T have a flash, and when I disconnect my 5k limiter, it goes away like it should. This is now 2 05s with flashes who can't get rid of it...
Old Jun 19, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

nice trap speed
Old Jun 21, 2005, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

well, i feel like a dumbass! i double checked the plug i pulled and.............woola! no 5k rev limiter! took my hanglight and put it under the dash and there it was. i had pulled the other plug that the clutch hits when u depress it in the whole way. not quite sure what its for but it never ran different when it was pulled. anyway, pulled the right plug, started it and revved it up in first and no 5k limiter! cant wait to hit the track tomorrow and see what kind of 60' i can pull now. i had to lay upside down in the car, seeing i'm 6'3, and with the light i was able to catch the plug i was supposed to pull the first time.

any suggestions on how high to launch at when i go tomorrow?
Old Jun 21, 2005, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was able to pull 1.6 and 1.7 60ft's with a 5,000-5,500rpm launch pretty easily. Just hold it at that rpm and let off the clutch the slightest bit till you feel it start to engage, then very quickly slip out the clutch and full gas. I have pretty minimal mods too so if you can get your 60ft's down you should be in the low to mid 12's. Good luck!!!
Old Jun 21, 2005, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

also ran 4 gallons of 93 octane mixed with 4 gallons of 112 gt unleaded fuel
How much boost were you running with that fuel? Do you have an intake?
Old Jun 21, 2005, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

well, i feel like a dumbass! i double checked the plug i pulled and.............woola! no 5k rev limiter! took my hanglight and put it under the dash and there it was. i had pulled the other plug that the clutch hits when u depress it in the whole way. not quite sure what its for but it never ran different when it was pulled. anyway, pulled the right plug, started it and revved it up in first and no 5k limiter! cant wait to hit the track tomorrow and see what kind of 60' i can pull now. i had to lay upside down in the car, seeing i'm 6'3, and with the light i was able to catch the plug i was supposed to pull the first time.

any suggestions on how high to launch at when i go tomorrow?
Did you have the clutch depressed when you did this? The limiter doesn't kick in unless the clutch is pressed down most of the way.

The lower switch is for the starter...I unplug it so that I don't have to press the clutch to start the car every time.

As for launching methods, I do the exact same thing that NIevo does, but I've never hit a 1.6xa, and that's without spinning or bogging. I did hit 1.71 and 1.72, though.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol_VIII
How much boost were you running with that fuel? Do you have an intake?
He has a K&N panel filter and his boost is flash-controlled, so he didn't change it for the race fuel. Read his original post...

Quick Reply: new times w/mods