Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

went back to stock... new times

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2006, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
went back to stock... new times

well not 100% stock, but about as stock as I can stand to be. I went to Atco this past Tuesday with plans to do some tuning. I want to see how the car would perform while ~mostly stock before I installed my TBE this weekend. Unfortunatley though the track was packed and I was only able to get 2 runs in 2.5 hours.

As far as mods go I only have a drop-in K&N panel filter and Joe P. manual boost controller set to < 1.3 bar. I was using the ECUFlash to tune my car and a pocket logger to log timing. With those mods in my full weight 04 GSR & 1/2 tank of 93 I ran:

13.34 @ 103 w/1.95 60'
13.31 @ 104 w/1.93 60'

On both passes the logger showed timing being pulled between 6100-6500 RPM in 3rd & 4th gear, despite the o2 sensor showing .96-.98v. I added fuel in that area of the map after the first pass but it didn't help the timing being pulled. As you can see on the second pass I only picked up 1mph on the top end, the 1/8th MPH stayed the same @ 81. Just like the first pass timing peaked to 18* @ 6100 and then dropped back to 14*.

There just wasn't enough time to try out different things, and I just don't trust narrowband o2 sensor readings enough to push anything to far. Besides that I have an LC-1 just waiting to be installed this weekend with my exhaust so why risk it. On the street however with that same map I don't see any signs of timing retard... weird.

I'm going to try and go back next Tuesday after the parts install and see what kind of power I can pick up. Hopefully there won't be as many people there and I can get a good amount of runs in.
Old May 25, 2006, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Normally if you get there when they open on tuesday you can get 10+ runs if you wanted..Thursdays are better I hear because of no gamblers race..PM me if you go again and I may go to the tiki lounge and have some beers and watch the races
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
well not 100% stock, but about as stock as I can stand to be. I went to Atco this past Tuesday with plans to do some tuning. I want to see how the car would perform while ~mostly stock before I installed my TBE this weekend. Unfortunatley though the track was packed and I was only able to get 2 runs in 2.5 hours.

As far as mods go I only have a drop-in K&N panel filter and Joe P. manual boost controller set to < 1.3 bar. I was using the ECUFlash to tune my car and a pocket logger to log timing. With those mods in my full weight 04 GSR & 1/2 tank of 93 I ran:

13.34 @ 103 w/1.95 60'
13.31 @ 104 w/1.93 60'

On both passes the logger showed timing being pulled between 6100-6500 RPM in 3rd & 4th gear, despite the o2 sensor showing .96-.98v. I added fuel in that area of the map after the first pass but it didn't help the timing being pulled. As you can see on the second pass I only picked up 1mph on the top end, the 1/8th MPH stayed the same @ 81. Just like the first pass timing peaked to 18* @ 6100 and then dropped back to 14*.

There just wasn't enough time to try out different things, and I just don't trust narrowband o2 sensor readings enough to push anything to far. Besides that I have an LC-1 just waiting to be installed this weekend with my exhaust so why risk it. On the street however with that same map I don't see any signs of timing retard... weird.

I'm going to try and go back next Tuesday after the parts install and see what kind of power I can pick up. Hopefully there won't be as many people there and I can get a good amount of runs in.
Old May 26, 2006, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Usually Tuesdays aren't that busy. I should be back there next week either Tuesday or Thursday for T&T. I'll give you a PM before I head up.