Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Illegal Races

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2001, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Illegal Races

Anyone live in cali? that has been to the Illegal races down in pomona...there pretty cool saw some fast cars but there mostly crap Honda's, wish i had my EVO to show them all what a real car can do
Old Aug 22, 2001, 07:40 PM

yea, i live in portland oregon and it is outta control here. every fri. and sat. night there is a huge *** parking lot full of cars that all want to do the fast and the furious 4 way races. being an "original street racer" kinda sux now because there is no room to race anymore. but the quality of cars has gone downhill in the last couple months and i would love for this local guy to bring down his EVO makinen ed.
Old Aug 22, 2001, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

yeah down here they race and its mostly Crap honda's, that run like 16 second 1/4 miles its funny to watch them but some cars are pretty fast..
but i wish i had a damn EVO!
Old Aug 23, 2001, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

yea, those ricers kinda sux...and is not even they are doing it for the fun of it...they seriously think that they are racers...

so how many horsepower does vinyl give u?

people get all hyped up after TFATF...that movie is not that great anyways
Old Aug 23, 2001, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

yeah TFATF was kind of stupid but it had some nice cars in it.... but yeah these people here just race there crap civics... it was funny though today i was talkin to a freind and his car got impounded cuase he was at the races he got a 60 dollar ticket and a 210 dollar fee to get his car outa the impound yard just for bein there and watchin the races that is so STUPID..
Old Aug 23, 2001, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

The reason that they ticket people is because street racing can be really dangerous. People think that speeding on public roads and racing around is fine, but stuff happens. I just dont think it is worth risking your future for. If you accidently killed someone you would spend a good amount of time in prison, that reality doesn't hit until it is too late.

Justin
Old Aug 23, 2001, 08:34 PM

well........ those sort of "accidents" can happen on the track also. i by no means deny the fact that there are experienced drivers on the track, but there are also seasoned veterens out on the streets also. street racing is actually at an all time high and that right there is what makes it dangerous, it attracts all kinds of ppl. the racing is simly a reason for some to show up and watch. there are ppl that are there to be mischeivious and those are the ppl causing the problems. but i gotta admit that there is a certain something that makes u get a rush as u race the streets.

:soapbox:
Old Aug 24, 2001, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

i've only been to one street race night before...but is not drag racing like TFATF, few spectators drive cars...it was on a downhill mountain trail where i used to live when i was little in hong kong

each race was kinda short after u reach the bottom of the mountain...the finish line is this slight hill straight (about 200-300 meters)
Old Aug 25, 2001, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

i was at Ontario last night from 12pm to about 3pm lots of people were there to watch the races me and like 5 guys stole his moms van and drove up there it was pretty fun no cops came i was supprised
Old Aug 25, 2001, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

wtf? 3PM? aren't u afraid of the fuzz?
Old Aug 25, 2001, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

HAH no my car has been impounded 2 times already costs like 210 Dollars to get it out plus the 60 dollar ticket... so ive had to deal with that 2 times, when we see the cops we take off.
Old Aug 25, 2001, 09:31 PM

wow 210, that;s it? my friend had his impounded in nyc..cost 1400 to get it out..dag
Old Aug 25, 2001, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

damn 1400! i wouldnt ever drive my car there if it was that much here i would lose all the money im savin up for my new engine
Old Aug 25, 2001, 10:09 PM

yea well...he also had fines..and it was a crx SI (YES A REAL SI) with everythign orginal..in mint condition..he bought it for 400 ...later that week after doign a few mods...he sold it for 4,000
Old Aug 26, 2001, 02:02 PM

I still live louisville KY, theres ALOT of street racing around here, we have lots of 12sec **** box vws and hondas rollin around. Last week we we went out to do some drag racing and ran into a few old friends of mine out doing the same, only he has a 700hp 93 supra which just ran a 10.9-no NOS....Not to metion that i live in ky and thers only a millon rednecks with 400hp cars around.---Hell ,spit ,fire--hehe...thers also alot of road racing-mainly back roads,very cruvy-we dont race this way we all just drive ***** out in groups.. FUN *** ****.. weve had a few wecks in the past 8 years or so that weve been doing this, nothing major. overall its fun as hell and with a 500hp lancer on the road, ill have some real fun!!

Quick Reply: Illegal Races