Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

1/4 Times FOR TURBO'd Lancers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2003, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1/4 Times FOR TURBO'd Lancers

what kind of times are you guys with turbo's pull'n. when you postplease specify auto or stick
i am asking because i would like to get a trubo and i want to see if its really a cost effective way of making my car faster?
thanks
alex
Old Jun 24, 2003, 12:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13.82 @ 101 with 5speed OZ on slicks
Old Jun 24, 2003, 01:07 AM
Evolving Member

oh yeah what kinda stuff do you people have done? like how much could i expect with an auto and the rrm intercooled kit?? thats my main question i am still interested in what other people are running. if you don't really wanna list mods beyond turbo just say how much boost your runnin please. i would like to think this thread could benifit people to compete for the best lancer
Old Jun 24, 2003, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Just check out there registry, should have everything there. I think Boe almost has $10,000 worth of mods?
Old Jun 25, 2003, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by pumpdog720
Just check out there registry, should have everything there. I think Boe almost has $10,000 worth of mods?
10K in mods?! Sorry man props to your car and all but if I was to spend 10k in aftermarket stuff I sure to hell hope I was getting better times than that.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 08:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Try taking a car that starts in the 17's and get it into the 13's without gutting or taking comforts like the AC out. My car is a daily driver family compact that eats people up all day long. I fuc@ing really hate as@holes that come on here saying shi@ like that. EWWW my gst goes faster for cheaper... yeah we know. Still not the point. Get lost.

HCtunner i was running at 9psi with mods to support that. If your in an auto w/stock internals i'd say your looking at high 14's. The auto will cause you some drawbacks and limitations. More than likely you'll be sticking to a max of 7psi boost. That and wheel spin will kill your ET's. Maybe on good tires you could get close to mid 14's. That being said remember most races start from rolls... like you roll up next to them or vice versa. Unless there's a light you often go from a role. On a role tire issues are really non-existant so you'll be hella fast. You'll smoke stock GT's i'm certain of that. Hope you go turbo... you won't regret it!
Old Jun 25, 2003, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

14.2 (forgot trap speed) burning out first and second @ 8 psi 5-speed.....grip sucks...and thats with 300 pounds of crap in the trunk. need a new clutch and LSD with slicks and i'll be much much much much faster.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 09:06 PM
EvoM Guru

That is great Z... put in the lsd and get some slicks. You'll find you'll be in 13's no problem... Hell ya may be faster than me?? NAAAAA!!
Old Jun 26, 2003, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

just wait boe juuust wait!
Old Jun 26, 2003, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Boeturbolancer
Try taking a car that starts in the 17's and get it into the 13's without gutting or taking comforts like the AC out. My car is a daily driver family compact that eats people up all day long. I fuc@ing really hate as@holes that come on here saying shi@ like that. EWWW my gst goes faster for cheaper... yeah we know. Still not the point. Get lost.
What ever guy! With 10K in mods man I'm just saying, thats spendy! No need to get all testy about it. Thats alot of cash to drop but I also don't really know about building up a Lancer. I gave you props on your car there so calm down. No one even mentioned a GST going faster for less in this thread so whats your point with that comment? I could pick up a slow stang and drop a S/C for less than 10k and pull better times than that. Thats alot of cash does that include rims and stuff or is it in the motor alone. If combined I could see you spending that much money. Next time don't get your panties all in a knot there guy. No one denied you werent fast. Obviuosly you have the title....and by the way no need to name call, grow up.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Obviously alot of people on here are not true compact lovers. It is very gratifying to take a car made for everyday use and turn it into a car that can smoke alot of the faster cars on the road. More so then to buy a mustang and throw a few g's into it and make it hit 13's in qtr. You must have a true love for your compact to spend the kinda money Boe has spent. I admire him and what he's done with his oz. I plan on doing the same thing to my oz by end next summer. For those of you who don't understand why we do it, you never will.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 10:49 AM
EvoM Guru

Exactly!
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I tend to agree. It's a lot to spend in mods. It's also a mark I'm quickly approaching. It's easier to get there than you'd think though. At any rate, to each his own.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

that and i think the frustration was not aimed at you personally but at the multitude or responses that Boe gets everytime he posts about his car people just pick and choose cut downs and blast him. i agree 10K is alot but it is his cash not yours so I say to each their own and I hope to be one of them someday.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

See I think you guys get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with taking a slow car and making it respectible. 13's out of the puny lancer, now that is good. I think the guy here just took a little offense to my "that much money coment". I by no means was trying to be degrading. I have been around the scene for quite a while and and I do love imports. Maybe because the lancer is new that it why it costs so much to get to these types of times and that is why there are so few. I have just seen N/A eclipse's with the "neon motor" 420a that have spent only 3k and are hitting these types of times once going the forced induction route. They too are daily drivers and are not gutted as "Boes" lancer and on street tires the were clocked in the 1/4 mile at 11.70. They are completely stock save for an upgraded exahust and clutch. So this would also apply to the dodge neon/PTY cruisers. I was just shocked when I saw that price tag. Meaning alot of cars are just doing this for less. So no offense there boe I apologize if I came off wrong.

Quick Reply: 1/4 Times FOR TURBO'd Lancers