Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

trap speeds with greddy 25g

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2009, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We will get Ryan's(Eatsleepboost) car to Trap well over 116 on this setup. I'll guarantee you that ^.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

lol yea for sure. I doubt i will do a video of the speedo but i may be hitting the 1/4 mile stip fairly soon and it is also possible somebody may tape that so stay tuned for results. there is still plenty more tuning to be done but i'd like to get a baseline
Old May 25, 2009, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

hell yeah... go fast!!!!!
Old May 25, 2009, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MattsT67
I had this kit on my old car. I hated it. It was so laggy, and made iffy power. Its old technology. plain and simple. I'd compare it to the HKS 3037. I made 400whp at 23 psi. My trap speeds were 116....

I mean ****, My IX is trapping 116+ with out meth stock turbo... look for another kit.
I personally would have to disagree. On my friends car this spooled exactly like his stock turbo, and had way more kick. @ 23 psi the car is just getting into its sweet zone.

As far as the kit goes I dont know anyone who has bought it new in years. As Ted B said, its over priced and lacks domestic support.

Depending on mods, fuel, and boost you should be able to hit 500. I dont think i've ever seen anyone ever max the turbo. I've seen 460whp on 91 @ 26 psi though.
Old May 25, 2009, 05:11 PM

tell me more^
stock motor? what mods? sounds monstrous!
Old May 25, 2009, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Spool up is far from Stock. It sure LAGs.
Old May 25, 2009, 05:30 PM

im just curious...

as i will be running this kit on a full boltons/stock motor e9

planning on 272 cams and possibly meth in the future...

looking for a big improvement over stock
Old May 25, 2009, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

there are 5 different turbo combinations for the kit. the biggest one is the one that says T67 right on the tag that is on the turbo. this is the one i have. Boost spike is at about 4300rpm. I have hks 272's as well. not running and not planning on using meth. High rpm's the car pulls hard.

I actually just got home from cruising around with a few friends including some street bikes. I just raced my buddies 07 gsxr sportbike and put over a car on him during a 3rd-4th gear pull. No he is not a noob rider. For 24psi and only minimal changes to fuel and timing maps since stock turbo it feels solid. the tune is not even close to where'd id like it to be so there is plenty more power to be made.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:10 PM

its the monster t67 turbo

whats the powerband like? full boost at 4300 or no spooling till 4300rpms?

my first choice was a fpRED, but a great deal passed me by and had to jump on it...

Im shooting for low low 11's/very high 10's on stock motor one way or another... I'm not sure if this turbo is gonna do it or what
Old May 26, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

with supporting mods (especially meth) low 11's is more than possible. I don't know enough about the potential of this turbo on race gas, e85 or meth, so im not gonna say u can get a 10 with it especially on a stock motor. Stock motors are pretty stressed around the 450whp mark. A driver is a huge factor when ur talking about 1/4 miles that fast as well. So that part is up to you.

Full spool at 4300. starts building at 4000, id say like 10psi by 4100.

A red is a solid turbo and its proven. One thing that deffinatly led me towards a big turbo KIT was getting rid of internal wastegate. I had alot of boost creep issues with my stock 8 turbo and iv heard about ppl having the same problem with the red. Now with this externally gated turbo the boost hits spike and just stays there forever.

Where in mass are you
Old May 26, 2009, 07:01 PM

south shore down in Taunton.

I've done heavy research on these turbo kits and all the dyno-graphs I have seen have been 4-500+whp on the stock internal setups... not many people posting up about these kits thats for sure.

It seems the key to going fast with these setups is having the most powerband possible as they lag a bit, I'm planning on some kelford 272 mivec cams and toying with the idea of springs/retainers to be able to rev it out a bit and keep making the power up top, where it only seems to be.

Ive also compared the dyno-graphs I have found to the gt35r AMS/etc kits and spool-up/power production is VERY VERY close in comparison, so I dont see why 10's arent possible as plenty of people are in the 10's stock block 35r kits.

I'm planning to keep it stock for as long as possible, Matt at dentsport does my tuning and I have confidence in him as far as that goes, just trying to make some big power and have a fun daily driver... Already have a k24-turbo civic hatch to beat on/go-kart car ahaha.

I'm rambling on, but I'd appreciate any and all info you have on the setup/anything at all!

THANKS!
Old May 26, 2009, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

lol. Well when i said 10's, i was saying i didn't know how hard it would be to do on THIS kit. i wasn't talking about the 35r. 10's are totally possible on stock block but there are plenty of other things ur going to break/ need to upgrade to get there. Def fmic, piping, injectors, clutch, a good tranny, cams, raised rev limiter, roll cage, harness, helmet etc... i def don't have enough money to have a 10 second car but i'd be happy with some 11's.

Dsg is a solid shop. don't know much about their tuning but they are real laid back and rolled my fenders. iv also been there a few other times for meets or w/e.

If you are buying a brand new turbo kit than i'd agree to get the 35r or similar kit instead of this kit. This kit is too expensive new. I got mine used and got it for under 1500. i thought it was a good deal and am happy so far with my purchase.

A 35r on a stock block may be overkill as well. Many people have had great success with the 30r. I personally would rather have the 30r and have a wider powerband.

I'v heard good and bad things about kelfords. if u do some searching ppl will talk about the great power they make and this is true. however i have also seen a few threads about those cams breaking which scares me.

I currently only have stock springs and retainers. I do think it would be wise for you to change them though. rev it right up to 8k

what mods u got now? have u taken it to nedw yet? times?
Old May 27, 2009, 07:43 AM

I wouldnt be using this kit either if I hadnt got it for a great deal as it is...

I was just comparing spoolup/power overall with the 35r setups and those are proven to be 10 sec monsters all day. mid 11's would make me happy as well, haha, that is a fast street car nevermind daily driver!

The car has all supporting mods, fmic, piping, forge dv, clutch, injectors, walbro, new mounts new cbrd radiator.... and cams asap. Its either going to be the cossies or kelfords, I have heard of a few breaking, but those two are the most tried and true out there. AMS rated the kelfords #1 aswell. Supposedly it was a bad batch, we shall see.

I may spring for the springs/retainers so I can make some more usable powerband. I dont think, even with the latter I'd rev the stock bottom past 8grand, trying for longevity and rpm's will kill this motor.

Have yet to take it to the track, its a far drive for me, sooner than later.

Hows it feel on the street? When power hits does it really throw you back? It seems like it makes gobs of power in just 1000rpms instantly once spooled, must feel nuts compared to stock...
Old May 27, 2009, 10:10 AM
Account Disabled

I didnt see full boost till 4600. I was running HKS 280's.

Granted my 116 trap speeds were probably because i was tuned by Al at dynoflash haha

^ we can do a little comparison between us. I am having a EL 35r installed right now. Stock cams.
Old May 27, 2009, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

^ouch i feel bad for u being tuned by Al. iv got to close friends that have had tunes by him recently and they came out horrible. on kid has a red with all supporting mods and is trapping like 116. I wouldn't drive around on a tune from him.

Yes on the street it is much more aggressive than stock. Evo's are always quick on the street though once modded. I did however notice a large improvement with my 4th gear. it feels like my 3rd used to. great power on the highway. even 5th isn't bad. i wouldn't race in 5th but it has way more pickup than with stock turbo.

sounds like u need to head up here to the track. Rain unfortunately this week so it will be closed but it looks like next wednesday or friday night i will be going to see what it has so far. then more tuning after that.

Quick Reply: trap speeds with greddy 25g