Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Some info on the Hoosier DR's

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some info on the Hoosier DR's

Well we had a customer follow us up to the track after coming along w/ us last week and having a tough time getting his car to hook up causing his et's and mph's to be less than favorable for his set-up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3_3NdBdWYY

Last week i had offered to let Vince try out the Hoosiers but he didn't feel like doing so after repeated offers lol.

So i told him we'd be heading up this past Sat and what do you know he's at the shop ready to make the 2 hr trip after driving 45min from San Francisco at 7:30am

So this time he said he wants to try them out and so we give them a try and what do you know he starts chopping significant amount of time off his previous passes being this was his 3rd time to the drag strip.

First pass of the day w/ the DR's on and goes 1.58 60ft and the quickest and fastest ever

He then continued to lower his et's and increase his mph!

Unfortunately the 60' timers got wiped out so they didn't print 60' times for either lane for the rest of the afternoon but if you look at the incrementals for the 330' it seems that he was probably in the mid.....possibly low 1.5 60's.

Mods:
06 RS
-Stock block/head
-Stock ecu/maf
-ETS 30r
-E-85
-Cams but stock valve train w/ signs of valve float at 7600rpm
-Exedy Twin HD

Here are the pics, vids, and slips:

Before:

After:

Slips:

Vids: (sorry they may not be in chronological order like the slips )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o8sCiAhiU8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj3mjgjDW9k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eofCWGvOHI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUIbldIKFKk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CKwXDE6KGY

Last edited by PATRICK B.; Oct 25, 2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

good **** pat sean and FFTEC.... i need to get off this party mode and start throwing cash at my rig again...!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice I've been waiting for some local testing with the Hoosier's seems like they are the real deal with the 1.5 60's congrats to Vince and the FFTEC squad and thanks to Pat for convincing Vince to try them out hehe
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:18 PM

i need info on the tires please . i need the tire size
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by td evo
i need info on the tires please . I need the tire size
245/45 17"
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:26 PM

any traction problem at all
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

How flexible are the sidewalls of these tires? Are they comparable to BFG drag radials or stiffer like the nitto drag radials.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

No problems with the Hoosier DRs, just problems with the driver and my two step technique needed some help. Out of the hole there was tremendous grip, just enough spin to keep boost up, but not enough spin to lose time or any wheel hop. First gear launches were so hard I forgot to shift into 2nd acouple of times. the 60' times were not clocking after our first run, but they must have been coming down to low 1.5's because I got a 1.5 on my first run at 11.44. The tires never let loose, no hop and no sliding in 1st and 2nd gears hunting for traction like my street tires. Special thanks go out to the Full Function Crew for talking me into slicks and then coaching and critiqueing every run. Apparently Drag Racing is not as easy as I thought it would be. Lots of disappointed vettes and supercharged GTO's as the crowd was rooting for the lil white underdog, freakin amazing!!! Thanks Pat for helping me on all the subtle little things that add up to alot!! Steve for his secret weapon, and Sean for an awesome tune!!!!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I can't wait to hit the track and try out my Hoosier DRs. After doing some math, on the 11.10 run, the 60ft time were somewhere around 1.549 which is great considering the amount of mods the EVO had.

Judging from the runs, the tires seemed to be aiding in getting consistent 60ft times. I guess the speculation of being able to cut a 1.4x 60ft time is not out of the question.

Thumbs up to Patrick, Vince and the FFTEC crew!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
What was ur boost @,,, and ur 2step @??
nice runs,,,
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:50 PM

good show
Old Oct 26, 2009, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

Well there you have it, tires are working as they should! Great outing, too bad the timers got wiped out

Nice car too man. What ECU you running and who much boost? Congrats on the new bests
Old Oct 26, 2009, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Very promising results. Hopefully we will see more cars out with these tires so we can start seeing better avegares.
If indeed we have a 1.5 sec tires in the stock wheel size with all the known benefits then we might have a winner!
What tire pressure if i may ask?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 08:39 AM
Former Sponsor

I went 10.0@145 on these tires. I tried to come out soft thinking that theyd spin but they bog the car bad. These things have some bite!!! Im hoping to go back to the track this wed to try them out again.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CWiLL
I went 10.0@145 on these tires. I tried to come out soft thinking that theyd spin but they bog the car bad. These things have some bite!!! Im hoping to go back to the track this wed to try them out again.
On that Note Chris after talking to Vince and watching his launch technique last week i basically told him to do the exact same thing and let the tires do the work for you.......and it worked prefectly as seen on the 1st slip.

After that it was just slight adjustments in the left foot to net the 11.1x passes

Really wish we had the solid 60' #'s to end the speculation but for us we don't really care as we know they are doing their job just fine

Sorry guys have to let Vince post the boost and 2 step rpm i totally forgot

I should also have these tires on my Evo in the next couple weeks to test them on a higher HP car just for testing sake but my car has other issues right now i'll start another post about that

Last edited by PATRICK B.; Oct 26, 2009 at 11:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Some info on the Hoosier DR's