Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Evo 9 mr E85 28 psi fp red

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evo 9 mr E85 28 psi fp red

Well thought yall might like to check out a run I had at caprock motorplex in Odessa, Tx. This was the event that the street outlaws were at "Dirty south no prep".
Evo info:
Stock block
Gsc s2's
Gsc beehives
E85
Tuned at evodynamics by kevin
Fp Red 28psi ss hot side
400fpt 517hp dynojet
Ets 3.5" titanium i/c pipes
Tomei titanium downpipe back
Stm 3" v-band downpipe
450 lph waldon
1700cc Id's

Stang info:
800hp
Paxton supercharged
Named Poseidon
Pissed off! Lol

Like and subscribe!

https://youtu.be/tSsicfQ2u4s
Old Jul 18, 2019, 05:19 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Nice! What times did you run? What kind of power is the car making?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by 2Lejit
Nice! What times did you run? What kind of power is the car making?
I wasn't able to get any better then a 1.77 60ft and ran 11.54 @123mph. I have some older Yokohama street tires that are about 6 years old and need to be changed! I tried looking for a drag tire setup but it was last minute with no luck!🤦*♂️ the exedy twin hd was just broke in so it was a new experience for me launching on this twin setup. I had ran quartermasters and competition on my dsm's but never exedy. I like it though!
I think the car has a 10 in it just need a better 60 and maybe faster shifting. I'm babying the stock 6 speed right now. Its making 517hp 400fpt dynojet tuned by Kevin at evodynamics in Lewisville, Texas. D.a. is horrible here in west Texas and the heat is crazy!

Last edited by siccgsx; Jul 24, 2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:46 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm with you on the stock 6 speed crutch.. I'm in the same boat.

You should be able to get your short track down a bit with that 60' alone.
The following users liked this post:
siccgsx (Jul 25, 2019)
Old Dec 18, 2019, 07:26 AM

so i got some fd's with Hoosier qtp's now and my best 60ft on stock suspension was 1.59 60ft but the run was not so good. I did manage to get a 10.69 at 129,9mph with a 1.65 60ft at IFO in Ennis, TX. still stock block, stock 6 speed trans, stock transfer case, stock rear end. I have since changed to D2 coil overs with swift springs. I am having trouble dialing these in. does anyone have experience setting up the suspension for drag strip purposes? It's the STM spec D2 but I have waited and waited for STM to get back to me with no luck yet! I talked to one guy there who told me how to start setting them up and I did that which was to lift the car, start with 2" of tension in the back and 1" of tension on the front. I did that. next he said take a measurement from the tire to the fender, let the car down remeasure and whatever the difference is add that much more to the spring pressure so that when you set the car on the ground it does not settle more then a 1/4" after lowering it to the ground. I did that. in the front I left it at 1" of tension on the spring. car rides good still but I'm getting a lot of squat on the launch. I'm just not sure what to do from here add more spring tension or adjust the knob to stiffen it up? oh ya the knobs I need to install as well and don't know where to start on that either!? lol suspension tuning is obviously not my forte... if anyone can chime in who knows what they are doing from experience it sure would be appreciated!
Old Aug 7, 2022, 02:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice pass
Old Sep 11, 2023, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long or how many times have you been down the track with the stock block? Are you still on stock ECU? How are you launching it?