EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Drag Racing (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing-16/)
-   -   Project 12.00 on 91 octane begins! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing/187415-project-12-00-91-octane-begins.html)

housedj Mar 2, 2006 08:17 AM

Project 12.00 on 91 octane begins!

my wife has been complaining about wanting the '05 faster so i will be building it up alongside Project 11.49 in AZ. it will take alot more to run 91 only without the use of a race gas mix or a water/meth kit. i believe it is possible but it will be harder by not having a 9. the problem with 91 is u can't really add any timing in due to detonation. also the boost can't go above 21psi either.

The '05 parts list:
DP, MBC, boost gauge, O2 housing, ported or new exhaust manifold, 270 cams w/11.5 lift or higher (not 272's), valve springs, retainers, lifters, valve guides, head bolts, head gasket, cam gears, kevlar timing belt, twin plate clutch, low temp thermostat, radiator, LICP. if this doesn't work, i will get the head redone to breath a little better.

yes the list is too long for most & cost more than most people are willing to spend but it's my project. crappy gas & soon 2 be high heat are the main detriments. especially since it hasn't rained in AZ 4 over 130 days...

GTKage Mar 2, 2006 08:20 AM

why would u replace the front lsd on the 05? the stock one is just fine :rolleyes:

~EVILEVO~ Mar 2, 2006 08:24 AM

ooooo another project......sweet...........good luck {thumbup} just dont let that Camero drop :lol:

Wait for it................................................ ................................................ :lol:

housedj Mar 2, 2006 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by GTKage
why would u replace the front lsd on the 05? the stock one is just fine :rolleyes:

the '05 evo8's do not have a front LSD (only the RS & MR do). the front diff is still open like the '03-04's...

Warrtalon Mar 2, 2006 08:32 AM

All 05s have FLSD.

Your projects are out of hand. Maybe if you actually hit a low 12 first you could post these projects. You should do things first, then talk about them, not vice versa. Additionally, where in the world does all this money come from to do such ridiculously expensive mods?

Kbp2025 Mar 2, 2006 08:37 AM

Get out of my head Warrtalon!!!!!!{noface}

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
All 05s have FLSD.

Your projects are out of hand. Maybe if you actually hit a low 12 first you could post these projects. You should do things first, then talk about them, not vice versa. Additionally, where in the world does all this money come from to do such ridiculously expensive mods?

housedj Mar 2, 2006 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
All 05s have FLSD.

i wish the '05 had a front LSD. it has no gears & has a hole in the middle like the '03-04's. i took the t/c apart to verify this already. we were hoping that it did though. openly talking about projects allows other members to get more creative with their cars. u want extra money to do "such ridiculously expensive mods"? get you a white chick...{thumbup}

Warrtalon Mar 2, 2006 08:53 AM

I have a lot of money, but I don't spend it on my car (or cars). If you don't have a FLSD, then your car is defective. All 05s and 06s came with FLSD per Mitsubishi.

Read it here in the Transmission section: http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/j...p?t=mechanical

And here's the excerpt:

"Full-Time All-Wheel Drive with Active Center Differential, Front Helical Torque-Sensing Limited Slip Differential and a Rear Mechanical 1.5 Limited-Slip Differential."

They have the IXs posted right now, so I will have to find the one for 05s, since I'm sure you'll ask.

KOEvo Mar 2, 2006 09:02 AM

All '05's have a FLSD homie. You have an original concept true, but it is also true that your wasting your money. Furthermore, Warrtalon went 12.00 with much less.

Think about it.

Light Mar 2, 2006 09:04 AM

this housedj, what is he thinking:dunno: . someone give him another :beer: :lol:

Warrtalon Mar 2, 2006 09:08 AM

Here's more proof, and by gollie, it's straight from EvoM:

https://www.evolutionm.net/features/newsitem/75

Key points:

Equipment:
  • 276hp / 282lbs-ft standard for ALL models (Increase of 5hp and 13lbs-ft over previous models)
  • Front Helical Limited Slip Differential (LSD) (All models)
  • Electronic Active Center Differential (E-ACD) w/ meter display (All models)
  • Aluminum door side impact bars (All models)
  • Aluminum roof panel (RS & MR models only)
  • Waterspray system dropped to allow packaging of E-ACD

GTKage Mar 2, 2006 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by housedj
i wish the '05 had a front LSD. it has no gears & has a hole in the middle like the '03-04's. i took the t/c apart to verify this already. we were hoping that it did though. openly talking about projects allows other members to get more creative with their cars. u want extra money to do "such ridiculously expensive mods"? get you a white chick...{thumbup}

All right you really must be joking right? All 2005 Evo 8's have a front LSD

You really should inform yourself better about the cars you buy :rolleyes:

Ultimate CC Mar 2, 2006 10:18 AM

should add alky to your list and drop some of things that you really don't need

KOEvo Mar 2, 2006 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
should add alky to your list and drop some of things that you really don't need

Agreed; though you really don't need alky/meth to run 12.00, basic bolt-ons with a good tune and a good driver does the job.

Ultimate CC Mar 2, 2006 10:23 AM

Yea I agree with you on that but at the very least you can use alky to keep from detonating with the bad gas and crappy weather