Notices
Driving Techniques Discuss things like how to launch your car, or turn in points, correct steering position, etc.

how to launch me car

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2006, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, trust me, don't dump your clutch... only plus side would be your new exedy
Old Dec 26, 2006, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by m4tt VIII
yeah, trust me, don't dump your clutch... only plus side would be your new exedy
Dumping the clutch doesn't hurt the clutch - it breaks the transfer case.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by david's IX MR
i know it sounds funny but i cant really launch my car!!! all of my friends have tried and and they cant do it either... can some1 please tell be because it is obviousley not the same at a rear wheel drive car...thax
First of all, don't ever let someone else try to launch Ur car unless U know for sure that they can teach U something U don't know, that's just my opinion. Start by pressing Ur CLUTCH while on 1st gear of course, just far enough so that Ur car is just to the point that it's about to move but "not moving", also while pushing down the throttle till Ur RPM's banging away at 5000. Now at first, EASE of the clutch till U feel the car slightly start to move, and then let the Clutch go as fast as U can at same time dump the throttle all the way if U don't already have it dropped to the ground. That should do the trick. Don't let Ur friends drive the car, all they want is to be able to drive what they don't have.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by -=SPECTRE=-
yarr, don't be dumpin yar clutch, matey. or you'll be sendin' it straight to davy jones' locker.. savvy?
Haha nice. When I got my ecu flashed my 2 step is at 6k? Is this ok? But anyway just slip the clutch at the top of your 2 step untill the car has enough to move and drop the rest and hold onto your stomach lol.

Don't forget to make a jar and put 40 buck each time you launch your car and charge your friends 60 or 80 each time they launch it. By the time your clutch goes youl have enough for another one. Just don't launch it more than like...a few times MAX a day or else itl be gone instantly.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by david's IX MR
i know it sounds funny but i cant really launch my car!!! all of my friends have tried and and they cant do it either... can some1 please tell be because it is obviousley not the same at a rear wheel drive car...thax
why did you buy an MR?
Old Dec 26, 2006, 04:21 PM

yarr, don't be dumpin yar clutch, matey. or you'll be sendin' it straight to davy jones' locker.. savvy?
ok i know its off topic but, A pirate walks into a bar and has a ships wheel attached to his crotch. He says to the bartender which way to the bathroom cause this wheel is driving me nuts!!!!!
Old Dec 26, 2006, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Are you a pirate?

Srsly, clutch in, in first gear, floor it, quickly and smoothly release clutch (don't sidestep it), hold on.
hahahahaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 26, 2006, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelrain202
ok i know its off topic but, A pirate walks into a bar and has a ships wheel attached to his crotch. He says to the bartender which way to the bathroom cause this wheel is driving me nuts!!!!!
^ this was funny too
Old Dec 26, 2006, 09:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how many times did you and your buddies try lol... if you messed up i'd say more than 10-15 times... i would suggest u get a new clutch before you start launching again

cheers!
Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

an easier way to launch ur car would be to leave it in 1st gear a little behind the sensor just enough where the amber lights just turn on.... then hold up the e-break and hit the 2 step (myns set at 5k) as soon as the three lights go off..let ur car move a little so that ur tires are bearly moving and drop the e-break so u dont Fck up ur axles... thats how i was taught to launch
Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by El.BlueEvo9
First of all, don't ever let someone else try to launch Ur car unless U know for sure that they can teach U something U don't know, that's just my opinion. Start by pressing Ur CLUTCH while on 1st gear of course, just far enough so that Ur car is just to the point that it's about to move but "not moving", also while pushing down the throttle till Ur RPM's banging away at 5000. Now at first, EASE of the clutch till U feel the car slightly start to move, and then let the Clutch go as fast as U can at same time dump the throttle all the way if U don't already have it dropped to the ground. That should do the trick. Don't let Ur friends drive the car, all they want is to be able to drive what they don't have.
i agree.....
Old Feb 2, 2007, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do not cross post - you already made a thread in the Drag forum that has been answered. This thread is identical - you can't do that.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 01:15 AM
Evolving Member

1.launch control 2.bring out clutch right before it engages.3. a quick slip and your gone.

ps. youll know when you launch right. if you smell your clutch you slipped too slow
Old Feb 28, 2007, 01:19 AM
Evolving Member

i get almost full boost but im tuned

Quick Reply: how to launch me car