Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

I need Dynoflashed but I'm on an Island in the middle of the Atlantic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2004, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need Dynoflashed but I'm on an Island in the middle of the Atlantic

Al......I was wondering if you had a number I could call you and work out a deal or was wondering if we could work out a deal online here with your dynoflash.....to give you some background I'm in the U.S. Air Force located on Terceira Island (Azores) Portugal in the Middle of the Atlantic Ocean....I'm definately all about getting the dynoflash but I cannot have my car down for the month it would take me to send my ecu to you (2 weeks) to send it then it would take 2 weeks for it to get back to me....Mail is very very slow to get here on this island, Priority mail helps the time a little but like I said it's very slow because noone cares about us....Anyway if you had an ecu laying around that you would flash then when I receive it I would take mine out and send it back to you that would be great...I guess you could charge me the cost of the ecu or something and then when you receive mine just credit my card back the money....Please get back to me when you got some time....

Thanks,
SrA Jeff Openbrier

p.s. here is my mod list

HKS RS Intake
Helix 3'' down pipe
I still have the cat
HKS SS Cat back
RMR intercooler piping kit
Greddy Type-S VTA
Also I got the greddy profec b type 2 but it's not installed yet....don't know if I want to either due to some problems I've seen on here....
Old Apr 18, 2004, 02:42 PM
Account Disabled

Re: I need Dynoflashed but I'm on an Island in the middle of the Atlantic

no way to send you a ecu

they have the codes of the individual cars inside

Dosn't fed ex service your island
Originally posted by T_REX02
Al......I was wondering if you had a number I could call you and work out a deal or was wondering if we could work out a deal online here with your dynoflash.....to give you some background I'm in the U.S. Air Force located on Terceira Island (Azores) Portugal in the Middle of the Atlantic Ocean....I'm definately all about getting the dynoflash but I cannot have my car down for the month it would take me to send my ecu to you (2 weeks) to send it then it would take 2 weeks for it to get back to me....Mail is very very slow to get here on this island, Priority mail helps the time a little but like I said it's very slow because noone cares about us....Anyway if you had an ecu laying around that you would flash then when I receive it I would take mine out and send it back to you that would be great...I guess you could charge me the cost of the ecu or something and then when you receive mine just credit my card back the money....Please get back to me when you got some time....

Thanks,
SrA Jeff Openbrier

p.s. here is my mod list

HKS RS Intake
Helix 3'' down pipe
I still have the cat
HKS SS Cat back
RMR intercooler piping kit
Greddy Type-S VTA
Also I got the greddy profec b type 2 but it's not installed yet....don't know if I want to either due to some problems I've seen on here....
Old Apr 18, 2004, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

why would you VTA if you aren't running a standalone...... I highly recommend that you vent it back into the IC pipe... You are taking away from performance of the car... If you don't understand why feel free to PM.....

what's your afac?
Old Apr 18, 2004, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

whoa quick response......Fedex does not deliver to this island nor does UPS.....yes this place sucks......As for the VTA thing yeah it does stall out every now and then but it don't bother me that much.....I guess I'm heading for a SAFC II then if I can't get the flash and It should also help out with the stalling a little bit plus I can get some pretty good performance out of it... I've been to the track (I've got slips) and ran a couple 8.2's and the rest were 8.3's with the mods I got.....my best 60' was 1.77 and my traps were around 85mph.....so I don't really think It KILLS performance like some people say on the boards, it just turns the bumper black a little All in all thanks for the help, Al I'll be seeing you when I come back to the states..

Oh by the way my afsc is 2A656 Electrical and Environmental Mechanic on the C-17, C-5, C-141 and so on.....

Last edited by T_REX02; Apr 18, 2004 at 03:18 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2004, 03:36 PM
Account Disabled

whoa quick response......Fedex does not deliver to this island nor does UPS.....yes this place sucks......As for the VTA thing yeah it does stall out every now and then but it don't bother me that much.....I guess I'm heading for a SAFC II then if I can't get the flash and It should also help out with the stalling a little bit plus I can get some pretty good performance out of it... I've been to the track (I've got slips) and ran a couple 8.2's and the rest were 8.3's with the mods I got.....my best 60' was 1.77 and my traps were around 85mph.....so I don't really think It KILLS performance like some people say on the boards, it just turns the bumper black a little All in all thanks for the help, Al I'll be seeing you when I come back to the states..

Oh by the way my afsc is 2A656 Electrical and Environmental Mechanic on the C-17, C-5, C-141 and so on.....
Any hot girls over there? How is the temprature ?
Old Apr 18, 2004, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

oh yeah there is actually some pretty cool stuff that goes on here.....the local ricer meeting, I mean street races that go up hill is pretty cool.....There are 3 evo 7's over here and 2 evo 6's that would love to be dynoflashed but no dyno at all over on this piece....We also just had a local rally that was pretty cool, some teams from mainland portugal bring in their rally cars and compete but for the last 3 years the evo has taken the top spot !!! Overall this place is a really nice tourist spot for a couple weeks but to live over here sucks !!! No fast food except for a burger king that we just got, and a subway....and thats on base...when you go off base there is nothing but local hole in the wall food places and they have this ghetto wal-mart over here that they call "Modelo" ....I hope this entices' you to come on over and take a vacation to tune my car, I assure you it's the only EVO 8 On the island....Hey plus we could go to the local Mitsu dealer and pick up some cool stuff...

Oh I almost forgot....the weather is like that of South Carolina but just a tad less humid and a little cooler during the day....

Last edited by T_REX02; Apr 18, 2004 at 03:49 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2004, 03:54 PM
Account Disabled

oh yeah there is actually some pretty cool stuff that goes on here.....the local ricer meeting, I mean street races that go up hill is pretty cool.....There are 3 evo 7's over here and 2 evo 6's that would love to be dynoflashed but no dyno at all over on this piece....We also just had a local rally that was pretty cool, some teams from mainland portugal bring in their rally cars and compete but for the last 3 years the evo has taken the top spot !!! Overall this place is a really nice tourist spot for a couple weeks but to live over here sucks !!! No fast food except for a burger king that we just got, and a subway....and thats on base...when you go off base there is nothing but local hole in the wall food places and they have this ghetto wal-mart over here that they call "Modelo" ....I hope this entices' you to come on over and take a vacation to tune my car, I assure you it's the only EVO 8 On the island....Hey plus we could go to the local Mitsu dealer and pick up some cool stuff...

Oh I almost forgot....the weather is like that of South Carolina but just a tad less humid and a little cooler during the day....
Well if ou can hook me up on a cargo plane i may consider it
Old Apr 18, 2004, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Thats all I needed to hear.....would you be willing to drive to baltimore and I could meet you at the airport and we could fly back together? It only cost's me $50 to fly you round trip and we have a spare room in our house plus you would only have to stay for a week.....Plus you could get 1 or 2 more customers over here while your at it....But anyway I'm going to work on this and keep you informed, it would cost you nothing to come over here other than whatever time/customers you would lose from being away from the states for a week.....but on the plus size you'll have an experience of a lifetime on our mini-autobahn and "dragstrip"....It would be a great write up for the board and your website...