Notices
E85 / Ethanol This section is dedicated to tuning with ethanol.

ethanol content gauge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2007, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry man I bought this as a whole unit, don't know what every part is inside or where you would buy them all... I might be ordering some more, see this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=305253
Old Nov 4, 2007, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I just want to buy the whole thing too. Who can I contact there to have them just build me one I noticed they are out of the country. What did you connect the gauge to? You said a Siemens in-line. Im guessing you mean an in fuel line FCS. (Fuel content sensor) right... Sorry for all the questions. But this gauge is gonna be key to run E-85 in Colorado. Gonna us a Cobb to switch maps as needed if I can get it all set up. So if you could just point me (us) in the right direction as to the parts you purchased and from who. Thanks again....
Old Nov 4, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Join in on the group buy, it will be a lot cheaper for you. I posted up the GM vehicles that use the fuel composition sensor in the group buy thread. Your best bet for getting a sensor is ebay, or anywhere you can find used parts from 2000 and up GM vehicles. It's worthless to buy one new, they cost like $600 at a dealer
Old Nov 8, 2007, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's really cool. People were talking about it but i didn't think I'd see it in use this soon. One more step closer to making E85 more practical. The Evo community moves fast!
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Nevermind wrong thread.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really cool ****!
Old Jan 3, 2008, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Ok i see your pics of where you put it in the car, and the multitude of power options in that area...but how/where did you hook up the sensor itself? Pics!
Old Jan 3, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
Ok i see your pics of where you put it in the car, and the multitude of power options in that area...but how/where did you hook up the sensor itself? Pics!
It's sitting where the vehicle info plate is on the firewall in the engine bay, with the fuel return line running through it. It's grounded in the engine bay, and the power/signal wires run in behind the glove compartment.

If the map interpolation patch gets coming along I'll be running the pressurized fuel line through it instead of the return line. With it on the return line I see the eth% drop a bit in the upper RPMs WOT, I think not enough fuel is going through the return line for it to get a good reading under that condition
Old Jan 3, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by merkzu
It's sitting where the vehicle info plate is on the firewall in the engine bay, with the fuel return line running through it. It's grounded in the engine bay, and the power/signal wires run in behind the glove compartment.

If the map interpolation patch gets coming along I'll be running the pressurized fuel line through it instead of the return line. With it on the return line I see the eth% drop a bit in the upper RPMs WOT, I think not enough fuel is going through the return line for it to get a good reading under that condition
AH, sweet. Execuse my n00b ecu tallents, but can you elaborate on 'map interpolation patch'?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ation+patch%27

Last edited by Balrok; Jan 3, 2008 at 02:14 PM.