Notices
ECU Flash

JDM ECU and EcuFlash

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2006, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM ECU and EcuFlash

alright guys.. my friend just got a JDM evo VII, and i was wondering if ECUFlash is gonna work with his ecu, hes not that knowledgable with tuning, so i thought this will be the best way to go.. so, if theres anyone that knows anything about this issue, dont hesitate to chime in.

also, what are the differences between the JDM and the US spec ECU's?
Old Aug 10, 2006, 09:36 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It should work fine with the VII... Assuming he has an OBD-II and Diagnostic port...

There are very few real differences between their ECU and Ours.. but there are enough of them that the roms and ecu's don't easily swap..
Old Aug 11, 2006, 08:14 AM

so, say i get a Eflash from Al.. im gonna have to send him a base map of the ECU right? will he be able to modify it? or not?? where looking at the easiest and cheapest way to get this car up and running properly.

i know i should be asking Al about this, but... i thought someone might know.

Thanx anyways
Old Aug 11, 2006, 08:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You should ask Al directly.. I had seen him mention in the past that he doesn't reflash JDM ECU's, but I'm not sure if he meant he can't, or just doesn't do it because of the location of some of the cars.

Using ECUFlash you can make a basemap for the VII pretty easily, but the car already has some other differences that would probably make it more practical to custom tune.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi

I have a JDM Evo VII, ECUflash work fine with this. No problems. I did have to write an xml file which I have posted over at openecu in the Evo VII section. I've flashed the fuel, ignition, idle speed, boost limit and level.

Get a wideband and a good logger and do things very slowly, that way you get a grin and not a grimace.

MB
Old Aug 11, 2006, 03:16 PM

so.. what im trying to reach here is.. will i be able to give AL a list of the cars mods (TBE and intake) and get a ready made map from him, tweek it a bit and make it work with the JDM ECU?

or are they so different that im going to have to do it myself?