Notices
ECU Flash

various loggers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
various loggers

I have four loggers on my laptop now. Logworks and ECU+ came on first, then Mitsulogger and finally Evoscan.

The first three I find to be superlative for logging and reviewing. I have a feeling that Evoscan fills a notch for rewriting definitions, otherwise I guess I need a primmer on how to utilize it better.

Perhaps those with a better idea of the capabilities of each of the loggers would post with their observations.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you need the LC-1 cable or just the tactrix to use logworks? I'm trying to get mitsulogger to work but it wont for me... I keep getting errors after I press "start logging"
Old Apr 14, 2007, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

I just tried to log with logworks2 without the serial connection to the LM product and it did not work.
there may be a work around but it is beyonds me.

did you download the alacart files you need for mitsulogger? there should be a healthy discussion on "active matrix", click that name on one of malibu jack's posts
Old Apr 14, 2007, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

I have mitsulogger...

I hooked up my tactrix cable and go for a 3rd gear log. I can start logging and it begins but then mid run a warning will pop up saying that there is an error and I can press continue. I press continue and then stop logging. I then go to the excel file and I open it. It says "Can't Read File" and it is just a blank file. Any advice or tips you could give me?

Does computer speed have anythign to do with it... I'm using a virtual PC windows XP program off of my apple laptop. Perhaps it can't react quick enough? I was able to get ECUFLASH to run just fine.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.aktivematrix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=206
second post, if you haven't tried all those suggestions, otherwise I'd do a reinstall.

funny, as I have a glitch with evoscan but everything else works well.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Do I have to have a wideband to operate any of these programs?
Old Apr 14, 2007, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by 80210
Do I have to have a wideband to operate any of these programs?
No but it would be a nice tuning aid . On the computer problem...does your computer have some kind of HDD protection (IBM style)? Like maybe when it starts to log the computer slides or hits something and the HDD stops allowing writes. Just a theory though.

One way to test this would be to drive slowly with the comp attached and see if after say 10 mins it is still able to log. Then go and drive hard and see if the logging stop or not and how long it takes to do so.