Notices
ECU Flash

Evo7 ECU transplant to a 6?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2007, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo7 ECU transplant to a 6?

Have been toying with the idea of transplanting a VII ECU into a VI to allow the use of ECUFlash.

Plugs look compatible, the pin outs are bit different but I guess we can just rewire but where should the missing flash block be wired in?

Has anybody attempted this?
Old Apr 4, 2007, 05:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I saw Evo4Mad posted something about swapping an Evo8 ECU into his 4.. I'm sure it can be done fairly easily with a bit of rewiring, I would check out OpenECU since I caught his thread on it this morning. I think his major headache was the Immobilizer, which can now easily be disabled in almost any ROM version. The rest were just a few wiring differences or a sensor/solenoid or two that doesn't exist throwing CEL codes.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
I saw Evo4Mad posted something about swapping an Evo8 ECU into his 4.. I'm sure it can be done fairly easily with a bit of rewiring, I would check out OpenECU since I caught his thread on it this morning. I think his major headache was the Immobilizer, which can now easily be disabled in almost any ROM version. The rest were just a few wiring differences or a sensor/solenoid or two that doesn't exist throwing CEL codes.
Thanks for the reply, Jack

There has been some chat about this in a thread on MLR.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...86#post1414386

Looks like I've got more learning to do