Notices
ECU Flash

Alt Map switching, installed and thanks

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2009, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Alt Map switching, installed and thanks

As many of you have been following I did what the masses wanted and used the stock ECU in Project White.

I have said it before and will make sure to mention it again now, the community of guys working on the stock ECU is amazing and they have done some great things with it. I owe them a lot of thanks for making it easy for myself and others to come along and make big power on the stock ECU now with ease.

OK on with the latest story.

I am running E85 and want to switch back and forth to pump gas when the need arrises. I had been talking about it and was contacted by Jack of Trades (EVOm screen name) about how easy it is to have a switch to just flip maps back and forth.

I got one of his alt map switch kits from him and finally got around to installing it today.

The kit comes with a CD with movies on how to install it, wiring diagrams and instructions, one of the best put together CD's and instructions I have seen, from any company let alone a guy trying to help people out!

I put the switch in Project White and I am getting pretty low on E85 in the tank. As soon as it runs out I am making a change back over to 93-94 octane fuel and will tune the car again for that.

I want to give a huge thanks to Jack of Trades for the great switch kit and to his fiance' for personally wiring mine up!

For any of you that are thinking of going from one fuel to another you should contact Jack of Trades for this kit.

BTW, it is not just for running two types of fuel. This also gives you the ability to run one map for any fuel and another for alky injection. There are seperate instruction for running an alcohol injection kit with the alt map switch.

So, thanks to Jack of Trades for the great kit, I appreciate all your help!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Don't forget to thank Tephra, without his knowledge who knows how long it would have been before someone implemented his features...

Jaime is a great an d helpful guy.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, of course, Tephra, Colby, Hamish and many many others. I didn't want to make a list as I can't remember everyone, hell I don't even know everyone. I sent a donation Tephra's way to show him some appreciation. Donated our EVOX ECU to Hamish for quite some time so he could set up the loggers for the EVOX. I'll do what I can to also add to the development, if there are things I can do.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 06:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad it worked out well for you.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
My Tunner at RRE (road race engine) Installed me his own map switch,,,Works perfect I LOVE IT,,, I use to switch from 91/E85... ...
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm glad to help out Dave, we all are. I must say, I have never been involved in a car forum with such motivated, intelligent, and helpful bunch of guys! We love a challenge so we'd all love to give Project White a sporting chance before the Stock ECU is the crutch
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So does it store 2 maps or can it switch between more? Interested in one for my build.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Just 2 maps atm.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you Tephra, I realize now how much was involved in what you did to get this going, I was a little blind at first. You are a GREAT asset to this community, thank you!

Today I mounted the light and switch. I don't like gauges, I don't like lights or anything else in my cars.

I mounted my gauges in the glove box and thought it would be a great place for the switch and LED too.

Here is how it came out, I like it

Old Jun 12, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Looks good Dave Can't wait to see what you can get out of Project White on pump gas! Do me a favor and send me a 3rd gear Evoscan datalog file and the WHP/WTQ you read on the dyno during that particular pull for my Dyno Simulator Project, if you dont mind
Old Jun 12, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
^ How does it work? It's a live logger or you manually enter info?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Just copy and paste your WOT pull from 3k RPM til redline(from a datalog), you need to load the LogEntrySeconds in the left column and the RPM in the column to its right.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 06:15 PM
EvoM Guru

good on ya Jamie
Old Jun 16, 2009, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

I will save a log and dyno sheet for you.

I did try the switch from Jack of Trades today along with the Tephra mod and it worked perfectly. This was my first switch back to pump gas since I built the car. I'll try to get the car back on the dyno this week and see what I can make on straight 93 octane.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 07:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Did you do a tank drain or just run it almost dry?

Quick Reply: Alt Map switching, installed and thanks