Old Oct 5, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GM BCS issue.

Background:
- Running GM 3 port BCS
- HTA Green with 18psi WGA

Situation:
I am not sure if my BCS is failing or the vacuum ports are setup incorrectly. Current setup has the shiny single port going to the IM boost source. On the other side, there are 2 ports, one with a little filter and metal clip (VTA), the other is just the port which I have going to the WGA.

I am using Direct boost and no matter how I set it up in the ECU, I still boost to 32psi. This worked well for me awhile ago but ran into some other issues. Now I have the HTA Green installed and when adjusting the boost, I get nothing. Now I know this a 3bar BCS and that would be around 32 psi. I also noticed the boost curve is very slow and laggy.

Solutions:
- are my vacuum ports setup correct?
- Is the BCS failing and just going full bore?
- Other?

Thoughts?
Old Oct 5, 2009, 02:24 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/5845308-post349.html

Ports are correct. I think its pretty clear that one way or another you are not getting proper boost control. I would say either you are stuck in the NC connection or have set something keeping your boost control at 100%

Are you using the 100% wgdc before this load option in the tephra mods? Is it really high?

An easy test would be to just unplug the electrical connection. If the solenoid has failed in the closed position you will still see the same boost. If it is a foolish ECU setting you will see WG boost (11 psi or 17psi with the upgraded actuator).
Old Oct 5, 2009, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I pulled the connection to the BCS and still get 30psi boost. Sounds like mine is stuck closed.