Notices
ECU Flash

rom question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2010, 05:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
rom question

Ok so I go to get the evo tuned today and of course I make a few mistakes. I took my car to a shop that does tune all kinda different cars, but its majority is subaru's. The gentlemen tuning my car has tuned evo's before and quite a few of them. Basically what happened today was I took my stock injectors out and replaced them with 850's. After the new injectors were put in, the tuner decides to play with the rom some and suggests i should change it from whatever rom is in my 05 rs. So he basically updates my rom to 96530006 rom, and when he does the car misses, and basically acts like only 3 injectors are fireing. He played around with it some and tried to scale it down some and there really wasnt any changes in the way the car acted.

He scaled all the way down to 600 cc injectors and the car sill has a miss. Ok so now that is said get gets tired of messing with it being it is saturday and says I'm gonna reflash it to what it was when you got here. To make a very long and tireing story short I wasted 8 hours today waiting for my car to get tuned and all that was done is old injectors out, new injectors in and then old injectors put back in. What is the fix here. I have a brand new set of fic 850s and he is tring to tell me one of them is either clogged or somethign wrong with it but I don't buy it.

I called a buddy of mine and he said that the 30006 rom has all kinda bugs in it and honestly I don't know what to do. I have had these injectors for over a month now and they sat in the box unopened till this morning when we installed them at the shop. Being I am pretty new to the evo scene and still learning what do you guys think I should do? Dustin suggested just tuning with the rom thats already in the car, but the tuner didn't like that idea for whatever reason cause he likes the bells and whistles for some reason. It has been a very long day for me, and if there is an answer for this and I haven't found it I appoligise. What should I do? what do you suggest?

Thanks for reading
Brian