Notices
ECU Flash

Wideband AFR dropping, hesitation, brick wall feeling

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011, 06:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
well here ya go!!.. min uncompensated load @ steady throttle for sync acel/decel enrichment. Your lower load regions right around 90-110 need to have a slightly higher delta value, a value that a moderate/light incline will not exceed this. Small increments people, I hardly raised any one of those values 2 full points and it was clearly too much because, just on the other side of this issue I get a slight 3 ct when making some light accel in a slightly higher rpm band. But Ill tell ya there is 200% more drivability out of this car now.

well, as always the problem is just a matter of tuning this table so it seems for now. but it made a stark difference in AFR at light throttle. I also assume the sync acel enrichment could be tweaked, but I will try to take care of it here for now.

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Apr 23, 2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well ever since I plugged back in my knock sensor my car has been 10x better and this issue is GONE.....so everybody check your knock sensors! my wire is fraying and can see the insulated cable inside but still good enough till I can change it
Old Apr 26, 2011, 04:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Since I rescalled my injectors the problem is back, its def happening right on the edge of open loop though. What do you think that was a bandaid for?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
Since I rescalled my injectors the problem is back, its def happening right on the edge of open loop though. What do you think that was a bandaid for?
I'm not very familiar with the mitsu ecu's but I would say you made a change once the computer relearned it went back to how it was. On my 87 stang everytime I change my fuel pressure I would feel a good improvement in throttle response but by the end of 10 minutes it would all be gone because it already adjusted the fuel trims via the injector pulsewidths longer or shorter to get it back to what the tune is set for....

Did you check your knock sensor? Mine did this Exact same issue and that was the problem. Make sure it's connected and check it by hitting the block close to the sensor with a hammer to imitate knock and see if it registers under the knock count on your program. If it doesnt I would bet its bad or have a wiring problem or something.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd like to chime in since we have some good tuners posting up info...I'm having the opposite issue, this car (my friend's 05 RS, typical bolt-ons) is running the stock 0011 on PTE1200's and Tom at VR is tuning it. So far there is an issue that happened on his last tune from Tamer back in September of 2010 also. During light load when the boost is between -2 and 3 roughly at part throttle the car goes pig rich, the Zeit reads in the 9's.

Can anyone offer some advice? Tom said he's never seen this. Also something to note is that he recently got in a minor front end collision and somehow the radiator fan cut into one of the MAF wires so I resoldered it. Since I can't remember if the old tune was doing this back in September could it be that one wire resoldered causing the issue? I soldered and shrinkwrapped it. At idle the AirflowHz are 50-62.75.

Thanks!

Last edited by 05blue8; Apr 28, 2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Fixed baud rate issue, see - http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflash/226020-mut-high-baudrates-works-62500-tested-5.html#post92
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by 05blue8
I'd like to chime in since we have some good tuners posting up info...I'm having the opposite issue, this car (my friend's 05 RS, typical bolt-ons) is running the stock 0011 on PTE1200's and Tom at VR is tuning it. So far there is an issue that happened on his last tune from Tamer back in September of 2010 also. During light load when the boost is between -2 and 3 roughly at part throttle the car goes pig rich, the Zeit reads in the 9's.

Can anyone offer some advice? Tom said he's never seen this. Also something to note is that he recently got in a minor front end collision and somehow the radiator fan cut into one of the MAF wires so I resoldered it. Since I can't remember if the old tune was doing this back in September could it be that one wire resoldered causing the issue? I soldered and shrinkwrapped it. At idle the AirflowHz are 50-62.75.

Thanks!
mine is going pig rich. I have exactly the same issue. idle hz seems high. I get 37.5 /31 at idle silicone intake and perrin foam filter
Old Apr 30, 2011, 03:00 PM
EvoM Guru

the problem is changing somewhat using max lean values in ecuflash, tuning in open loop. But still has a low rpm massive rich area. like 9.5 or better just driving around. I think this mass rich area, is causing excessive turbo boost at cruise. Does that sound plausable? Once it enters the rich zone i start building a couple more psi with no extra throttle opening at all.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:13 PM
Account Disabled

I am having the same problem. I just got my car back from David Buschur. I got a full build 2.1 4G64 block, Fully built and ported head gt3582r turbo 1200rc injectors. It has not done this before. At about 90-110 load it gos pig rich. I have tried to tune it out with adding timing didnt work. I tried to change some of the accel enrich tables and nothing works. Please help. Be specific on what tables please thanks.