Notices
ECU Flash

Cant read a Evo 8 usdm rom image.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant read a Evo 8 usdm rom image.

Hi guys,

I just brought an Evo 8 usdm, I have a little issues with iddle, the AFR its running to rich, and have to much boost (the first time I WOT the boost gauge says 24 psi ) I don't know much about the car but I don't want to blow my engine because over boost, the car comes with a very cheap manual boost controller I dont even want to touch it, so today I try to read the rom every thing works just great with reading, but Ecuflash reports unknown ROM image, I already installed TephraMOD v7 and def pack files, not even with Tephramod can read the image, find my image rom attached any help much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip

Last edited by ravasquez; Jun 24, 2019 at 09:40 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 03:28 PM

btw, the stock Tephramod rom (option 1) comes with all the base oem ROM from the EVO 8? In case I cant read my rom how can I handle the inmobilizer? I just found in the inmobilizer table that theres some exa codes refering to some Evo year models, those codes are generic?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 09:55 AM

Update: I work all the afternoon in my car and read a ton of info, I will post this info here if helps anybody in the future with same problem as I, the immobilizer can by disable in Tephramod its not secure because anyone with a copy of the key (metal) or bypassing can turn on the car, the immobilizer its a security measure inside the ECU, when you insert you key and turn to start position the ECU match a exa "code" inside a chip in your key and the "code" inside your ECU if the "code" match then the car starts, so when you reflash a ECU with a new ROM the immobilizer code its overwritten, because of this the immobilizer code MUST be copied from your current ROM to the new ROM, so what options I have? I can disable the immobilizer and install another physical security measure like a fuel cut switch (i dint like it at all) i found out that in the ECU case of somewhere the immobilizer code its written in a sticker I'm researching info about it. Or I can buy a new starter kit not cheap btw. Keep my current ROM its not an option because I want to tune my car the car have some basics mods like complete downpipe and up pipe, new k&n intake.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 08:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
no. 1 - strange for USDM but it seems your ROM is not defined
no. 2 - if you have a manual boost controller, running 24 psi has nothing to with the ECU. you better turn it down if you are afraid of running that boost level.
no. 3 - please learn more before you attempt to "tune" - https://evoecu.logic.net/mirror/merl...GUIDE-V1.6.pdf
no. 4 - about immobilizer pls read pg 23 of above
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by jozy
no. 1 - strange for USDM but it seems your ROM is not defined
no. 2 - if you have a manual boost controller, running 24 psi has nothing to with the ECU. you better turn it down if you are afraid of running that boost level.
no. 3 - please learn more before you attempt to "tune" - https://evoecu.logic.net/mirror/merl...GUIDE-V1.6.pdf
no. 4 - about immobilizer pls read pg 23 of above
Tks for your reply, any info about my rom? Thank you so much for the advise about I have to learn more about tune
Old Jul 6, 2019, 01:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts
Exclamation

It is a Tephra modified JDM Evo 7 ROM - 90550701.
I've attached the XML file you will need to open it in ECUFlash
Attached Files
File Type: xml
90550701.xml (64.5 KB, 0 views)
The following users liked this post:
EV09AWD (Jul 10, 2019)