EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Mod request: Knock count buzzer (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/301901-mod-request-knock-count-buzzer.html)

Jeff_Jeske Oct 16, 2007 11:42 AM

Mod request: Knock count buzzer

Is there any way to link knock count to a buzzer or an output that I can connect to an aftermarket noise maker?

I love that we can make the CEL flash but during a lapping day I can't gaze at the dash as often as I would like. My radar detector scares the crap out of me when it goes off. I would like a similar device for knock.

What would it take to make this more than vapor ware?

MR Turco Oct 16, 2007 12:09 PM

Or make the turn signal speaker go off. Not that it is very loud.

donour Oct 16, 2007 12:28 PM

Seat belt bell? Door ajar annoy tone?

d

JohnnyBoy427 Oct 16, 2007 12:33 PM

Find an old radar detector with a working speaker at a pawnshop and use that.

dudical26 Oct 16, 2007 01:05 PM

Bez had a patch that would give power to the rear 02 sensor circuit with knock. He used it by wiring a small light into the circuit but you could just as easily wire in a piezo buzzer which can be bought from radio shack for a few bucks.

Jeff_Jeske Oct 16, 2007 01:10 PM

This could also be used as a fail safe for something like alchy/meth. Hear the buzz get out of the throttle. That would probably be plenty of failsafe for those of us running about 350whp.

Erik@MIL.SPEC Oct 17, 2007 11:27 AM

Next thing we're going to have is the "Knock Count Jack-in-the-box" mod :)

trinydex Oct 17, 2007 11:35 AM

how about an ecu controller thermostat for my kegerator in the back seat?

Jeff_Jeske Oct 17, 2007 12:06 PM

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want an audio and visual warning. I would prefer audio over visual. I'm sure its doable and that it wouldn't take much to pull it off.

Evo_Jay Oct 17, 2007 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske (Post 4856506)
This could also be used as a fail safe for something like alchy/meth. Hear the buzz get out of the throttle. That would probably be plenty of failsafe for those of us running about 350whp.

What about the patch when a certain amount of knock cuts boost to WG psi. That what i would want for AI/MI.

dudical26 Oct 17, 2007 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid (Post 4860312)
What about the patch when a certain amount of knock cuts boost to WG psi. That what i would want for AI/MI.

That would be pretty cool, although sometimes if I am in the middle of a race I would rather just finish without having it lower my boost. And then I can look at the log and adjust the tune after the run.

trinydex Oct 17, 2007 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid (Post 4860312)

that is boost correction...

travman Oct 17, 2007 02:01 PM

I really dont see the point....isnt the cel flashing enough of a warning? :confused:

Evoryder Oct 17, 2007 02:07 PM

buzzer would be good too...i already have an additional bright bulb hooked up to my ecu pin so when the cel flashes so does the LED...you can always hook a line to that.

I will add, the buzzer could get annoying. My led gets my attention enough just through peripherals alone.

dudical26 Oct 17, 2007 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Evoryder (Post 4860623)
buzzer would be good too...i already have an additional bright bulb hooked up to my ecu pin so when the cel flashes so does the LED...you can always hook a line to that.

I will add, the buzzer could get annoying. My led gets my attention enough just through peripherals alone.

So there you have it, you can easily add an LED or Buzzer to the existing CEL light patch.