EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Not scaling injectors..and fail emissions (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/451811-not-scaling-injectors-fail-emissions.html)

ant_turbo Oct 9, 2009 09:33 PM

Not scaling injectors..and fail emissions

Ok a few weeks ago I checked my friends rom in his evo 8...
And found out his injectors (780) weren't scaled,, But what the guy did was
lean out the fuel maps,,,,
Ok my question is will this make him fail a emission test....
THANKS,,,,

jmelocik Oct 9, 2009 10:05 PM

Most likely, yes, the map is for WOT the ECU attempts to use the feedback from the front o2 sensor to control the injectors using the STFT and LTFT (short term fuel trim and Long term fuel trim). If the injectors weren't properly scaled then most likely those trims are maxed out and the car is still running rich at idle and during closed loop cruise. This will cause it to fail the emissions check if they do the sniffer test (put the sensor in your tail pipe). Since you clearly have a tactrix cable if you pulled his ROM as you said. Then log his STFT and LTFT and see where they are. Read the ECU flash section of this forum for directions on how to scale them properly then re-tune. Or contact Mellon or one of the other highly reputable tuners on this forum.

Josh
:usflag:

ant_turbo Oct 9, 2009 10:13 PM

He bought the car that way,,,, All they did was lean out the fuel trims,,,,
scaling was left untouched,,,, (stock) and the car had 780's installed,,

Originally Posted by jmelocik (Post 7596697)
Most likely, yes, the map is for WOT the ECU attempts to use the feedback from the front o2 sensor to control the injectors using the STFT and LTFT (short term fuel trim and Long term fuel trim). If the injectors weren't properly scaled then most likely those trims are maxed out and the car is still running rich at idle and during closed loop cruise. This will cause it to fail the emissions check if they do the sniffer test (put the sensor in your tail pipe). Since you clearly have a tactrix cable if you pulled his ROM as you said. Then log his STFT and LTFT and see where they are. Read the ECU flash section of this forum for directions on how to scale them properly then re-tune. Or contact Mellon or one of the other highly reputable tuners on this forum.

Josh

rdtech Oct 9, 2009 11:56 PM

You need to scale it correctly. Logging fuel trims is the corrrect method to dial in the injectors. After that you'll need to figure out the latency of the injectors for it to run correctly in different weather conditions

ant_turbo Oct 10, 2009 12:06 AM

My bad,,,, he put back the stock injectors but the tune is still in there,,,,,
leaned out fuel maps on stock injectors.......

Originally Posted by rdtech (Post 7596895)
You need to scale it correctly. Logging fuel trims is the corrrect method to dial in the injectors. After that you'll need to figure out the latency of the injectors for it to run correctly in different weather conditions

jmelocik Oct 10, 2009 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by ant_turbo (Post 7596910)
My bad,,,, he put back the stock injectors but the tune is still in there,,,,,
leaned out fuel maps on stock injectors.......

If he put the stock injectors back in it I would put the stock latencies and scaling back in the ROM and go with a stock fuel map until he passes emissions then get it tuned properly. I would read the ECU flash forum on here to gain as much knowledge as you can, if you want it done now I would highly recommend taking it to a reputable tuner or contacting Mellon as I said earlier. Don't drive it hard until it gets fixed properly.

Josh

ant_turbo Oct 10, 2009 12:56 AM

They never touched the latencies .... What I am going to do is flash it with a stock rom,,,,, Then hav him go back to REF STATION and retest...
Then put back his 780's and all his mods back on,,,take him to RRE for a tune,,,

Originally Posted by jmelocik (Post 7596946)
If he put the stock injectors back in it I would put the stock latencies and sceraling back in the ROM and go with a stock fuel map until he passes emissions then get it tuned properly. I would read the ECU flash forum on here to gain as much knowledge as you can, if you want it done now I would highly recommend taking it to a reputable tuner or contacting Mellon as I said earlier. Don't drive it hard until it gets fixed properly.

Josh

jmelocik Oct 10, 2009 01:16 AM

sounds like a good plan.

Josh